Plus size & pregnant join here

Sparklegirl

Reaction score
As the titel says plus size ladies join here...

So lets share our "big" journey through pregnancy together.. Our excitement, our fears of being plus size &pregnant... And of course our big beautiful bellies :winkwink:

Just a thread we plus size ladies can come chat :flower:

I am joining!
I'm a big girl, and pregnant! My Dr has told me that there are no real dangers that I have in store for me, even though I'm bigger. No one has ever said anything to me about being big... or older(I'm 34... turning 35 mid september)
I don't have any fear... and I don't think anyone else should either!!!! We should all enjoy our pregnancies!!!!!

I'm plus size too and will also turn 35 befor bubba is born. I have recently lost two stone which I felt help me get pregnant. I must admit I am nervous about putting the weight back on as I know how tiring that extra weight makes you.

I am 6+3 and have put 2lb on but my boobs have already gotten bigger and I am already super blessed in that department just hoping they don't get too much bigger x

Me too! I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and rather than being excited, I am worried about my weight being an issue. This is my first baby and I am having nightmares about the scan and the ultrasound person not being able to see through my ample tum!

Another big girl here! Have my booking in appointment with the midwife on friday and I'm dreading getting on the scales :(

:hi:

Another Big mummy to be here :happydance:

I am 24, this is my second (i have a 2 and a half year old), I am 5 ft 5 and currently weight 18 stone6. Started off my pregnanct at 18 stone 8 so doing well lol. my BMI is 44.

I didnt give my midwife a chance to mention my weight... i got in there first! She didnt really mention it much because i said i knew i had to watch what i eat and try not put any weight on but keep it steady.

I have a lot of fears about this pregnancy (more the birth) because me first was a complete mess up!

LadyMuch dont worry about the u/s... they may not be able to get as good a pic but trust me.. they will see baby :) they may just have to press down a bit harder.. they say baby perfect on my sister and she is also a big lady (uk size 28/30 and close to the 20 stone mark).

wishing all you girls so much luck through your pregnancy xxx

I had a scan today and had to hold my delightful tummy flap out of the way lol, saw the bubba just fine though :)

Thanks guys...I have been following slimming world for the last couple of years and lost about 4 stone but as soon as I got pregnant I couldn't face fresh fruit and salad (which I loved pre-pregnancy) and could only stomach the plainest food...think kiddie food of breaded chicken and peas. I feel like I am coming out of that now and am slowly bringing back lots of fresh food back into my diet.

I'm a similar weight to you, Sethsmummy but a wee bit taller. Like you say, desperately trying not to put on more than a few pounds but not going to be stressing over it too much. x

Love this thread! I am plus size too and pregnant with my second. I didn't worry about it so much the first time around but am this time. I'm a bit heavier, didn't get rid of all the baby weight and now will be adding more.

Wow glad to see there are a few plus size & pregnant ladies :happydance: ...
i just want to say i didnt forget about this thread, was feeling too well today :nope: but will get back to you all 2morro, also will have more time to chat :winkwink: as dh leaves 2morro :cry: ...

I'm plus size, too, though oddly I've never had any doctor make a big deal out of my weight (weird considering that I've never been within 20 pounds of "healthy" in my entire adult life, and that's *after* I lost 70 pounds in college--which I somehow managed to finish gaining back right before getting pregnant). Otherwise I'm perfectly healthy.... Anyway, I don't have much more time here in the first trimester board, but here I am for the moment.

:hi: to all the new ladies :D

How are we all today?

I had a bad day yesterday with a bit of bleeding and lots of cramp but midwife told me to just stay at home and they will just see me when i have my scan in 3 weeks. :( so now gotta wait that long to see if baby is ok x

Welcome to all you ladies :flower:, im must say im super happy there a a few plus size girls on here :blush:

@hungry97 wow congrats on loseing 2 stone :thumbup:

@ladymuck how did your scan go??? i know it can be very daunting,i have mine scheduled in 4weeks.. & i too am a bit worried about the weight issue..

@krafty im sooo happy your scan went well, do u still have to go friday???

@sethsmum im about the same as you bmi 42, i did lose like 5 kg b4 getting pregnant lol

how are you you ladies feeling today

im doing ok as dh left to go work away for 4 weeks, but i hope it flies by coz when he gets back we have our 1st scan :happydance:
is it normal to feel so much pulling & stretching this early in the pregnancy??
did anybody else have that

:hi: to all the new ladies :D

How are we all today?

I had a bad day yesterday with a bit of bleeding and lots of cramp but midwife told me to just stay at home and they will just see me when i have my scan in 3 weeks. :( so now gotta wait that long to see if baby is ok x

aawwww hun, hope you feeling a bit better today. did you have bleeding b4 in your pregnancy or is this the 1st time?? im just curious coz it my fast pregnancy & i dont know that much...

Can I join in please lady's? x

ofcourse you can join pixie, i jist saw on your sig that you have been ttc for 5 yrs :hugs: i know how you feel hun we tried for nearly4 years lets hope our
lil babas sticks

Morning ladies!

I feel absolutely shocking today, sooooo queasy.

@sparklegirl Friday is my booking in appointment, I'm not going to tell them about the private scan or I won't get my 12 week one from them ;) They've got my dates a week out because they go by your LMP and I have long cycles.

hey Sparkle, yeah i feel much better today. no more blood and the cramping has gone finally. This was the first time I have ever had bleeding during pregnancy which is why it scared me so much, there is also history in my family (mum and sister) of loosing the second pregnancy.

feel free to ask any questions hun, I can try answer them for you if you write a list xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->