Plz dont judge (smoking)

morning sickness made me stop, couldn't stomach smoking.

I am an ex smoker. I am not speaking out of turn. Cravings last 20 minutes, fact. Tough it out. Your child deserves it.

Sorry but I think that's unnecessarily bitchy. She's asking for help, how is that helpful?

so recently ive found out im pregnant and im a smoker

once i found i cut down to one a day but i am trying to stop all together but it can be quite streful has anyone got any useful tip to try and stop completely??

x

I use an electric cigarette, mine is an Odyssey from Totally Wicked. Nicotine isn't the issue with pregnancy, it's the other junk in the ciggies, but if you want to come off the nicotine as well they sell zero nicotine oils, or you can mix your own like I do without it.

Give me a shout if you'd like any more information about them, and good luck!
:)

I wer a heavy smoker before i conceived with my son 6 yrs ago & what stopped me was aweful hyperemesis gravadium. Couldn't stand smoke even if someone was smoking outside i'd gag from smell! However i have heard hypnosis works or just look at it like ur taking a break from smoking & that should mentally help.

Only just read through the whole thread!

I see you've quit all together, a massive well done to you!!!! It is very hard, I quit straight up when I found out but my god it was hard! But the cravings only lasted a few days and now I wouldn't change it atall, but I had the help of my husband who also quit!

Keep it up you're doing fab!!!! Xxx

Awesome on you for trying for your child!! I have no advice bec I have never been a smoker. I just wanted to say I think it's very admirable. Good moms worry about these things.

Hey I know what its like, i've been a smoker for years, since I found out about the pregnancy I just had one cig. I did stop cold turkey but it did help me through it thinking about wanting a healthy baby. I did eat a lot for about the first month and had a lot of cravings. Sometimes I would get some gum or candy to ease it. Now its been three months since I found out, about two I haven't touched a cigarette and now I really despise smoke! If I and many more have done it you can too. Just have faith in yourself, hate the smell of smoke, occupy your mouth with gum or candy, and much good luck, in no time you will hate cigarettes.

Yes. Think of your baby and stop. As someone who has a high risk baby I can't imagine endangering my little girl.

Well aren't you an unhelpful ball of judgement. Addiction is not that easy to overcome for some. Why don't you hop off the high horse and actually add something constructive, if you can manage it.

Just take it day by day hun, maybe try to cut to one every second day, then in a bit, every 3rd etc. You're already doing your best - it is HARD to do, don't listen to the judgement of 'think of your baby' because that will just pile on the guilt and stress and make it harder. Maybe talk to a GP or OB and see if there are any safe patches or gum to substitute?

I am an ex smoker. I am not speaking out of turn. Cravings last 20 minutes, fact. Tough it out. Your child deserves it.

oh bravo. I can't believe people thank you for this crap. Like I said above GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. Great, you quit - woohoo for YOU. Your journey is not HER journey, nor anyone else's. My husband quit smoking with no problem. Just one day stopped when I fell with DD. Good on him. My mother has tried hundreds of times. Same with my sister, who is now instead addicted to the gum. Get my point - it's different for EVERYONE.

What I'm saying is, seeing as you are an ex smoker (I am not) you should show some bloody empathy instead of being an uppity know it all. Yeah her child deserves it, obviously, that's why she is ASKING FOR HELP. Instead of helping, all you have done is made her, and anyone else reading this who is struggling, feel even crapper than they already do. Good job.

I am an ex smoker...I have smoked for 14years...im only 25. With my first child i cut down to 1 a day and i started upping them after i had her. This time i knew it was best for me & my children to quit, i smoked 20-30 a day. My last day smoking was the day i got my BFP, i just put them down and havnt had one since June...Thats my story. It is hard, REALLY hard i understand completly!! Every day with no cigarette makes it easier, but if you dont have the fight in you to quit then you wont!! What you need is support not people critizing you...!

I was a heavy smoker when I became pregnant with my first. And yeah I just stopped, ny oh didn't which wasn't helpful.
But really for a lot of people it is just easy to think no I won't put nicotine into my babies lungs and to just tough out the cravings and not smoke, don't buy that packet of fags, throw or give away ur packet.
So sorry to the people who are also jumping on their high horses giving others a hard time for saying well just don't smoke!
I think if u can cut to just one a day u can stop that one! I can't imagine the sense of guilt is even worth it while u are smoking.

Some people say "oh I couldn't quit cold turkey, the stress could harm the baby"
I'm sorry but that is bull!

With my second baby I went threw hell and back. My husband died a week before I found out, so I did smoke as had to stop all over again, move countries, bury my husband, look after our grieving 2 yr old and Corey is the most happy, chilled out baby, now toddler I have ever met. So the simple stress of not having a fag won't do much damage in my mind anyways.

But yes, u don't want to be judged, no one does. But it's true, think of ur baby before lighting up. Think about would u smoke while holding ur newborn? Of course u wouldn't.
You can quit, it's not easy. But sometimes we have to put up with a lot of sh*t to make sure we and our babies stay healthy :)

Firstly well done for cutting down! This is exactly what I did. Over the first week I cut down til I was having half a cigarette in the morning and half before bed. Once I finished the pack I was on I didn't buy anymore. It was really difficult but I promise it gets easier after a couple of weeks. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->