PND in men?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
this may be a long post so i appologise in advance..
My OH was diagnosed (if thats the right word) with depression over a year ago (maybe 2?), due to his up bringing and his bad relationship with his mum. He was given anti-depressants, & when i found out i was pregnant he slowly stopped taking them.
he was better in him self, happier, smiling sleeping better etc. he was actually excited about becoming a dad.
Its been over 9 month now since he stopped taking them and the day our little boy was born and he came into the delivery room, i actually saw the spark in his eye that left a long time ago, he was genuinely happy, everyone even said so.
we came home, everything was good, we had a very chilled out baby who hardly cried, i returned to work when he was about a month old.. and this is when it started.
When our little boy cries for no reason OH calls me telling me to come home, he cant cope he wont stop crying and he doesn't know what to do. this is almost every day, he loves him very much and loves playing with him, laughing with him and cuddling him, but when he cries for what seems no reason (not hungry, no dirty nappy, wants cuddles, doesnt want dummy etc.) it seems he cant cope, and starts stressing. ive asked him if hes ever felt like he wants to hurt him and he said never, hes raised his voice once when hes said 'i dont know what you want' but im sure weve all done that once or twice. i dont feel my little boy is in any danger at all i worry for my OH i worry if he is suffering PND with him already suffered depression not long ago..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->