PND Support Thread

Been drs. He was so patronising. Made me feel like shit. Hes put me on tablets (Citalopram) and said it shouldnt effect my milk but it might make Jack sleepy. Dont no if I should takee them. im in tears.

Hi hun :hugs:
Your doc sounds like a right idiot :hissy: the tabs he has put you on are the same as mine they are good but they will take about 2 weeks to start to have an effect
If your worried about the tabs affecting little one you could always ask him to change them for you hun
Hope the tabs start to work real sooon :hugs:

He actually raised his eyebrows at me. I have to take 1 for 3 days and then 2 togther every day from then. Is that how you had yours? Hes given me an appointment for two weeks.

i dont take mine like that hun i take one every night and its 20mg
wat strengh is your ?
also my doc said only ever take one a day cos of the side effects

Mines 10mg so thats probs why? why would he not just give me 20mg then tho?

I started off on the 10mg but they didnt really help me :hissy:
Has your doc told you wat time of day to take the tabs hun ?
And if you will have any side effects x

No. Im getting worried now. Should I make another appointment to ask him? My HV even said he was a crap dr. Sorry about all the questions.

Rach, if you aren't happy with the "care" you have received then I would strongly recommend you seek a second opinion. Can you make an appointment with a female GP at your surgery? You will probably get a better response from a woman, even if she hasn't had kids or got much professional experience with PND. I haven't seen a male GP since I was about 14.

:hug:

Its ok hun ask as many questions you like :hugs:
ok il tell you how my doc told me how to take my tabs hun
He told me to take my tabs half an hour before bed this way it gets into your system and makes you feel tired :happydance:
The side effects i suffered only lasted 2-3 days but they were really bad they may make you feel dizzy sick not be able to eat and sleepy
dont worry tho you amy not get any side effets hun :hugs:
if your not happy with your doc could you ask to see someone else x

Thank you. Am I able to request a female then? Im really scared of taking them. Did they make you feel like that constantly hun?

Yeah you can ask to be seen by another doc hun :hugs:
I dont no if they made me feel like that cos i took the first few in the morning or if it was the side effects from them hun :blush: but if your scared phone the doc first thing tomorro and demand to be seen hun they av to see you so dont be scaredc to go back :hugs:
let me no how you get on
Is your oh around just incase they do give you side effects hun i must admit they have been the best ones iv taken so may be you could give them ago if there is someone around to have little one for you if not go back and see someone :hugs:

My OH works till half 8 but MIL is staying with us (which doesnt help things) so Il take one before bed and then see how I go from there. Thanks so much Aly x

You can see any doctor at your surgery, Rach. TBH, I would request a new GP as that one didn't seem to take you seriously or really be willing to enter into a dialogue about your health. I don't think I could trust someone who treated me like that and you need to be able to trust your family doctor.

Let me no how you get on hun :hugs:
and if you need me to answer any questions at all am here so dont be scared to ask :hugs:

Im going to ring the drs tomorrow I think. Its only a small surgery so one Dr and 2 nurses. Would I be able to see a nurse? Will let you know Aly xx

Nurses can't prescribe anything and won't have training to deal with mental health issues, but they may be able to listen if you need to talk. Sounds like your GP has forgotten his mental health training anyway, so seeing a nurse wouldn't be any worse!

It all depends on the surgery if they let you see the nurse hun ours dont but yours may :blush:
Good luck and tell them your not happy with the advice you have been given :hugs:

:hugs: Rach xxx

I rang a local breastfeeding helpline about my meds to check their effect through breast milk (they have a book with all medications rated and side effects on LO's). I was on Sertraline that didn't agree with me personally (it's different for everyone though) and then Prozac (Fluoxetine I think it's called) and they were both rated as 2 which is a low rating. The nct have a breastfeeding helpline you could try. My dr rang the Parent and Baby unit as he had looked Prozac up and it said to avoid during breastfeeding and they said that's what they'd recommend after Sertraline (the list in terms of preferred drugs for breastfeeding mothers was Sertraline, Prozac then Seroxat).

It's different for everyone but I'd recommend finding out about the safety of your tablets for breastfeeding especially as your dr is incompetent. They probably have a female dr available on request at your surgery / might refer you somewhere else? :hugs: xxx

Rach how are you did you go to the docs ?:hugs:
Well i think my tabs are starting to work :happydance: iv been in a better mood for the last 2 days am not saying im better cos im not but im just sooo pleased to be able to think without questioning myself if that makes sence :blush:
Hope everyone else feels ok :hugs:

Hiya, I diddnt take the tablets on Monday but had one last night and I feel ok so far. I really dont want to go to the Drs again so rang the surgery and aparently theres one female Dr and the earliest I can get an app with her is Monday morning so have to wait till then. Im going to see about changing my surgery I think.
I never thought about that Elm, I have a breast feeding support worker so I will get in contact with her to check thanks.
Had a good day yesturday untill the evening. Worrying about random things today spesh money.
I hate this.
Thanks Aly for asking about me hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->