PND Support Thread

Well iv had a GOOD DAY again today :happydance: i have had a panicattack but my moods av been a lot better :happydance:
Rach am sooo pleased that the tabs didnt give you any side effects :hugs:

Shifter how are you doing :hugs:

Glad you had a good day Aly. I'm ok thanks. Managed to cause an argument in the BF forum though :blush: I always seem to do that. I have strong opinions that are different from a lot of people's and whenever I feel secure enough to voice them I end up upsetting people, which then upsets me. I don't go out of my way to offend people, I should just learn to keep my mouth shut lol!

I wish I had balls to say some of the stuff I want to say on here shifter!

Am glad your ok hun :hugs:
rach if i wasnt on my happy pills as i call them i would be in trouble for saying things in the heat of the moment :blush:

Its bloody hard biting my tongue so to speak sometimes lol.
Aly how long did you say it takes for these tablets to work hun? When should I expect to feel different?

Mine took about 2 weeks hun but i think it depends on the mg of the tabs and how bad you were in the first place if that makes sence hun :hugs:

I dont think im too bad. I still dont understand why he put me on 10mg tablets with instructions to take two after the 3rd day. Meh Ill just have to ask the female dr.

:blush:
I dont think im too bad. I still dont understand why he put me on 10mg tablets with instructions to take two after the 3rd day. Meh Ill just have to ask the female dr.

Mayb he did that huns o the side effects arnt that bad :hugs:
so are you taking 2 10mg tabs a day now hun

To get my system used to it?
no i started them last night so im on one tonight and one tomo then up to two

To get my system used to it?
no i started them last night so im on one tonight and one tomo then up to two

Yeah mayb he put you on a lower dose so the tabs get into your system a bit at a time that way your body has a chance to get used to the tabs before you start taking 20 mg hun :hugs:

Hi, can i join you ladies? I'm not very well at all and it only seems to be getting worse. I posted a thread in this forum before realising there was a thread here :blush: xx

Hi, can i join you ladies? I'm not very well at all and it only seems to be getting worse. I posted a thread in this forum before realising there was a thread here :blush: xx

:hugs: course you can join hun x
am sorry your having to go thro this aswell :hugs:

Ok ladies av got a question for you :dohh:
please dont have a go as im asking on doctors orders as he asked me to ask ppl i no :blush:

Ok here it is
the doc asked me why i think i developed PND and my answer was i dont no :blush:
But the more i think about it the more it drives me mad :dohh: i no wen i develped it wen i had robyn we were moving house 4 days later and also cos i was convinced i was having a boy :blush: dont get me wrong i love all my kids the same but i only ever wanted a boy :blush: but now even tho i have sam :happydance: i still feel like crap :hissy:
so do you think there is anything that could av caused your PND :hugs:
you dont have to answer if you dont want to x

I live in Brum and im from the Isle of Wight. Got no family or friends here (all on the isle of wight) and awfully homesick. Having Jacks made it worse. MIL is staying with us till next month and tends to interfere. Dont get any support of OH in terms of help.
Dont know if they caused it but I think they have deffently added to it.

Aww hun mil are like that even mine and she lives an hours drive away band we dont see her that often but she still somehow manages to interfere :hissy:
I dont get much help off of karl all he says wen i tell him how bad i feel is well now you no how i feel :hissy:

:hugs: hunni x

Good question. I am prone to deppression anyway so i suppose that didn't help. My family live only a 20 min drive away and oh's family only 5 doors away but everyone works full time so the days can get lonely. Lack of sleep doesn't help to lift my mood and i feel crap admitting it but i think i'm just a selfish person and i find it hard having to see to the baby before myself. Like i sit feeding him thinking to myself that i need the loo or a cigarette or a shower and i can't wait to put him down to do stuff. Also my OH is a lazy git and i'm starting to think i'd be better off single. If there's someone around who could help but won't i think its easier to deal with the load on my own if that makes sense. Also we are skint right now, our mortgage is crippling us since i went on mat leave.

How is everyone feeling today? xx

Iv had a reaaly good past few days :happydance:
but today iv got no energy or anything :cry: dont think it helps that sam as done nothing but cry since yersterday :hissy: just dont no wat is up with him and it makes me feel bad that i cant do anything to help him :blush:
also i dont think it helps that kasrl as worked for 5 days wen he normally only works 3 12 hour shifts a week so that means i ant ad anythime tomyself if that makes sence :blush:

:hugs: snettyb. Sorry you've had a down day or so Aly. That is bound to happen hun, good days and bad days, even on the happy pills.

As for why I developed PND, I have a history of depression since I was a teenager, I had antenatal depression too, so the chances of me getting PND were always going to be high. I had a traumatic birth experience that was a million miles away from the gentle, natural birth that hubby and I had hoped for and it was really just that that caused me to become depressed. We had trouble getting BF established, I was full of resentment for Jack and couldn't bond with him. Then the very slow physical recovery from the C/S was a big problem. Once BF got established things got a bit better and bit by bit as my wound healed my emotional healing was able to get going and now I feel almost back to normal.

I'm very lucky to have a wonderful husband and family nearby who visit almost daily and help out loads. I'm so sorry for those of you having to go through this alone.

Snetty - I know what you mean about putting baby first, or not. Even though I do love Jack very much and am starting to really enjoy being a mum, I do still find it hard to put him first. I want to read, or play on the computer or whatever, just have time to be me and not be playing with/looking after him 24/7. I long for him to sleep during the day so that I can get on with something else. (He's having a really good long nap right now as it happens! :happydance: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->