PND Support Thread

Well I'm 4 and a bit weeks in and I feel like shit!! All I seem to do is shout at my other half an tell off my toddler for getting up to mischief :-( the baby seems to be following suit with some kind of colic or reflux or just like his big sister a milk intolerance! I'm not getting any sleep because babies last feed is at 3am and he feeds for an hour then my toddler bounces out of bed at 6am so in total I'm getting 4 hours a night an my OH seems to be helping less and less! Just want to scream x

:hi: i have an 19month old daughter, i had v bad pnd and was on 200mg of sertaline. we werent really trying to conceive when i fell pregnant and had no idea it would have 1st time as it took nearly 3 yrs with dd.

im struggling BIG TIME.

I think taking each day as it comes is a big help! Yesterday was a low day. Today not too bad.. I'm getting out of the house as much as I can and trying to take whatever help anyone will give xxx

Hi I've not posted in this thread before, just a few days ago I finally admitted to my OH (and to myself) that I have pnd... Its hard to admit though I don't want people to think i'm not doing well. But I can feel myself getting worse and I think I need help :/ I feel like i'm going mad. I hardly leave the house anymore, even if I need supplies I'd rather give someone some money to pick them up for me. I have a constant feeling of guilt that's eating away a me... Half the time I just feel like i'm in a trance... I didn't even realise that anything was different until I talked to OH and he told me he's seen me change, I was starting to think this is me because it just seems normal now. My HV has been trying to get me help for months but I've been in denial I think... I don't want people to think i'm not coping...

:hugs: just gonna say, going on antidepressants isn't an open book - try not to worry about what others would think - you're no less of a mom for needing a little help while your hormones balance. you certainly don't even need to tell anyone about getting help. for me, it is night and day dealing with PPD with no meds vs. being on Zoloft. i feel much more like myself. anyway, i'm rambling but trying to say there's certainly no shame in getting help and you'll be so glad when you do. :hugs:

Thankyou :) I just wanna be me again but i'm scared that it won't work or I'll get better but still feel like this :S

so glad ur getting help. it seems the longer ur in denial the worse it would get. i got help at 6months pp. i was put on sertaline. really struggled and still do with motherhood.

i love my daughter immensely but i just get so down and feel trapped, we have no family around so literally no support. my dh is always working and im stuck at home

im due again at the end of the month and contemplating going on to dr before babies born to get some tablets. they really do help most poeple

I've never liked the idea of going on medication but I just want to be normal again for my little girl, i'm hoping I can get some kind of counselling but i'm scared it won't work...

I've suffered massively with PND never with my others. Has been such a rollercoaster and they have me on citrolpram nearly 6 weeks now. If you want to know the full extent check out my birth story has all the info there

Xxx

Im not sure if im suffering from this or not, just posted in the forums.
Feel like i dont wana do this any more and bored of feeding and burping my baby.
I dont feel as bonded as i thought i would and that makes me feel sad.
Am i just tired or is it the start of something more?
I feel iritable towards my partner as well atm

ppd has hit me so hard! i just want to run away :cry:

awww, oh no, hun!! :hugs: i was so hoping you wouldn't get it this time around. :(

:hugs:

Im not sure if im suffering from this or not, just posted in the forums.
Feel like i dont wana do this any more and bored of feeding and burping my baby.
I dont feel as bonded as i thought i would and that makes me feel sad.
Am i just tired or is it the start of something more?
I feel iritable towards my partner as well atm

are you able to make an appt and go see a doctor about it? they'll better be able to diagnose you for certain and can even get you meds that often help. i've found meds a MUST for dealing with PPD (twice now) - they don't take it away, but they allow me to function.

anyway, :hugs:

Today is a bad day...I feel like I'm under a dark cloud. I can't seem to find motivation for much and would quite like to hide away from the children. I've been crying a lot today. Roll on Friday when I'm seeing the psychiatrist - I think that I probably need meds again to get me back on track x I was hoping to avoid them this time but just feel so low.

Has anyone been on them before, come off them then needed them again for another pregnancy? If so how long were you on them the second time? I was on citalopram for 10months last time xx

I am starting to think I have PND. We tried for about a year to get pregnant, it was all I wanted, and I love my little guy more than anything - so I feel horribly horribly guilty that I am struggling adjusting to motherhood. It seems so easy for other moms I know personally who have had babies recently. Feeling very trapped and like all my freedom is gone. Starting to have bad feelings towards DH who I don't feel is very attentive or helps much (though I know he tries...). I am so tired and am sick of hearing "well, you're a mom now". Maybe I'm just not cut out for this :( I just love my baby so much and he makes me so happy so why do I feel like I'm a horrible mom?

Yesterday I got put on 50 mg of Zoloft.

I just want to feel better and enjoy the time off I have with my husband.

I feel so guilty all the time and like he is replacing me with my daughter.
He is taking her to a movie on the weekend because he had never got to do anything one on one with her. It's so sweet, but I am horribly jealous and feel abandoned. I wouldn't usually feel this way.

I don't have the motivation to do anything and am barely eating, I keep thinking I'm a crap mum. And constantly crying every time my daughter wants me to play because I am just so exhausted and want to have a rest.

It just hit all of a sudden. I just want to feel normal again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->