?PND

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
Just seen HV today and got Kayleigh weighed.

She gave me one of those form things to fill out, and then said i was 1 point below PND.

I know for the past few days i've been feeling quite down and cry easily, often for no reason, but i think its just the thought of going back to work in just over a week getting me down. I'm sure when i'm back and into a routine it will be fine. Just thinking about going back makes me cry.

When i go in 2 weeks time i think she gonna repeat it. As far as i know i don't have any other signs of it, just feel a bit down and teary.

:hugs: Sorry you feel this way hun.

Is it your actaul job that you dont want to go back to or is it just the idea of going boack to work full stop?

See how can filling out a form as quick as you can "without thinking about your answer to much" determin if you have PND ...

Total crap if u ask me!

Every new mum is gonna get teary and feel down through either tiredness or having to go back to work ... its only natural

If we were bouncing off walls not giving a crap we'd be up for neglect!

Can't win~!

Its really the fact of leaving lo behind, its daft really as its daddy looking after her, but i suppose its separation anxiety. She wil be having bottles of expressed milk, and i'll still be feeding her on a night and in a morning, but i feel as if i'm abandoning her. I was like this with the other two, although not as bad. i cried all the way to work. When i went back after Gabriel our senior optom booked an hour out of clinic and took me for coffee, 'cos being a mum knew how tough it was which was really nice. Last time Alisha's godmother was a shoulder to cry on and was armed with a cup o coffee and tissues when i arrived.

Its silly it makes me cry even writing this:cry:

I am going out on my own tomorrow afternoon to view a practice that i may buy, so will be leaving her for a couple of hours tomorrow, might try and have an hour of me time and hit the shops after, might make me feel a bit better.

Thanks for reassurance Imi, I've been coping fine until this past week, personally i don't think it is, i'm sure its just 'cos i'm due back at work

The questionnaire is just a guide. If you are feeling like this over a period of time then perhaps it might be worth talking with your Dr? However if you are anxious about returning to work then this will affect your mood. Perhaps see what happens in 2 weeks time, or after a few weeks at work.

Aww sorry to hear that you have been feeling down. It must be hard for you the thought of going back to work but dont know how they can say you have PND after a little questionnaire! Hope you feel better soon and that you settle back in at work ok. :hugs:

Thanks Trinity, i will just do 3 days (tue, thur, sat, although having one Sat off, were going to see tour de france, but don't think will bother now) for first 3 weeks, then 4 days for next 3 weeks (tue, wed, fri, sat) so easing in gradually.

Hope you feel better in a few days babe, it isn't easy at the best of times hun and to be going back to work when you have a LO must be heart breaking initially...but give it time babe :hugs: x

Caroline

I think it is just coz of work,I feel the same as am going back full time and the thought is making me so low i even considered leaving Dave and being a single mum (I know irrational and drastic)but am trying to be positive like at least she will be with Dad.

I know it is horrid hun but on the bright side you have a job you love,mine will be stuck in a sweaty oily factory working 6-2, 2-10 how crap and will have managers breathing down my neck all day long,lol. Oh how I wish I could go back into mental health.

Chin up hun we are in it together

bex.x

Thanks bex, hope you ok hun, not seen you around for awhile.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"