Pole dancing as excercise - YES or NO?

ClaireLouise

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

As we all know, its not so easy to squeeze in a fitness routine round a baby and a gym membership is expensive.

A friend of mine asked me last week if i wanted to join her at Pole Dancing lessons (for beginners of course). I told her no no no, its not for me. I had these visions of scantly clad size 6 ladies writhing about on a pole with tenners stuffed in their kecks. But i checked out the website and you wear shorts and a tshirt, nothing sexual, its all women, and i no longer see the big deal :blush: The only bad thing is that it costs £10 an hour!

She has since persuaded me (it took a few days haha!) and im actually looking forward to it now!

The thing is, when iv told some people that im taking Pole Dancing lessons - strictly to keep fit and lose some baby weight - they look at me as if im planning to send my CV off to Peter Stringfellow and change my name to Juicy Lucy!

My first class is tonight and im nervous of course, but women of all shapes and sizes enjoy it, and its supposed to be a really good form of excercise! And a confidence booster too. :thumbup:

So ladies, the question is ...... would you try it? :happydance:

Yes! I promise you you won't look back! Alltho tomorra morning your gunna wishing your little one is still a newborn cus your arms and legs will be sore! Its worth it though, I lost alot of weight with my gastric band but could never really really shift my belly and could nevertone my arms and legs, even tho I run every morning and swim and gym four times a week and I swear it must be the pole danicng that has done it- I wouldnt say you'd loose weight on the scales but you'll definatly tone :D

P.s I was naughty I had 10 lessons with an instrutor then brought a pole for at home to carry on myself as it was soooo expensive but shhhh hehe x

Really!? Brilliant stuff, well done! Wow, you already do alot of keep fit anyway, i hope i can hack it!

I do really want to tone, i have NO arm strength and want to flatten my stomach, will probably have to do some cardio as well to shift my mum tum though.

Aww im glad you enjoyed it.

Did you find yourself feeling paranoid or anything? Im not overweight for my size (im a 12 used to be a 10 pre baby) but i just want to be able to fit into my old clothes again haha.

I agree it is expensive, maybe il do the same as you and invest in my own pole haha! Im sure my OH wont mind - either that or il bring the ceiling down.

HaHa seriously you'll be fine, the other stuff just wasn't shifting it but it keeps me in shape, I was probally a size 14 with a very wobbly belly and very very wobbly arms and legs when I started, there were skinnyer people there and people bigger than me, it was fun- you'll be too busy learning the moves (I mean exercises :p ) to worry what you look like :D

Haha- I worried that Id be too heavy for the pole I had at home but fx it hasnt fallen down yet!- I do recommend one thats easy to take down as I like to hide mine away when my dad comes over!

Good luck tonight hope you enjoy it :D x

Haha! Not exactly easy to disguise is it!! Il be able to join the Pussycat Dolls next haha ;)

Thank you petal, i shall let you know how i go! Bruises and all!

*hugs*

How did you get on??

Hope you enjoyed it, we'll have to get lots of girls to join up, we can be the mummycat dolls instead :haha: :D

x

OMG Missy89 i am aching SOOOO bad! Gotta be a good thing right?! It was really good fun, all the girls were lovely and although i was a little hesitant at first, i really started to get into it! Takes a while to get the hang of, my hands kept getting sweaty and its harder than it looks, but iv only been once and i plan to go again next week :)

Had a good giggle! I did some sit ups/press ups/crunches etc (in my own way haha - i need to get fitter!) and can really feel it today!

Mummycat Dolls - brilliant - im pinching it haha!!

oh its most deffo a good workout

i'm new to pole dancing, but i've been doing aerial silks and that keeps you fit (awwww i miss doing that so much)
i wanna get my own pole now :blush:

I want to get a pole put up in the attic conversion so I can do it up there but I have this irrational fear of the ceiling falling in and me having to explain that I ruined the house by pole dancing :blush:

I want to get a pole put up in the attic conversion so I can do it up there but I have this irrational fear of the ceiling falling in and me having to explain that I ruined the house by pole dancing :blush:

Haha! Thats what i keep thinking will happen! That or not fitting it properly and almost breaking my neck in the process (who am i kidding, iv only had one lesson hahaha!) :headspin:

Still sore today though!

:rain: <---- me waiting for the bus home next week ;)

me and a few of my neighbours are looking at this a place has just opened up near to us.. its 10 per hour too so might give it a whirl... do u have to wear shorts cos i am paranoid bought showing my wobbly thighs im a 10/12 now but was a 18 just after giving birth to my ds now 7 i lost it al through ww but just wanna tone up a bit, i have no upper body strength at all!! i have taken up roller skating too thats loads of fun x

me and a few of my neighbours are looking at this a place has just opened up near to us.. its 10 per hour too so might give it a whirl... do u have to wear shorts cos i am paranoid bought showing my wobbly thighs im a 10/12 now but was a 18 just after giving birth to my ds now 7 i lost it al through ww but just wanna tone up a bit, i have no upper body strength at all!! i have taken up roller skating too thats loads of fun x

Nope, actually wearing sweatpants is a much better idea if you are new, because your skin will need to get used to the pole!

We had to wear shorts and a tshirt, so you can grip the pole better.

Some of the girls there had their midrifts out - DEFO WONT be doing that! This is only for more advanced moves but im not too bothered about that. Dont want to frighten them away with my stretchmarks haha.

Have fun ladies!

We had to wear shorts and a tshirt, so you can grip the pole better.

Some of the girls there had their midrifts out - DEFO WONT be doing that! This is only for more advanced moves but im not too bothered about that. Dont want to frighten them away with my stretchmarks haha.

Have fun ladies!

Hmm interesting! Well it's best to call ahead then to see the policy!

LOL and no thanks to the midriff either. My local one is owned by the same stripper that broke up Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck... I cannot compare my mummy tummy to hers!! Hah

Heres the girl who teaches us, she is only 17 and AMAZING! She entered Britains Got Talent last year xxx

https://www.jlnpolefitness.co.uk/default.html

Wow 17? So she probably wasn't a stripper before, lol? Beautiful dancers eh

This is ours
https://www.vancouverpoledancer.com/about-us/photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe