pole dancing lessons?

missk1989

Reaction score
Has anyone been? Did you enjoy it? I have just booked myself in for 8 sessions as I have always wanted to do it and really need to tone up my body. Ideally I would have liked to go with a friend but i dont have many round here and none willing to do something like this!

Meee! Ive been having lessons for a year now, not so much dance as tricks though. I LOVE it! Come over to our group and have a look..

BnB Poler bears

I have my own pole and do the DVD tutorials when I have the money I want to go to classes!

I bought a pole straight after my first lesson. I've been doing it for 5-6 months now and its love :haha:

Good lessons are on Studio Veena. The subscription is actually well worth it if you are doing it from home. GET3FREE is the code to get the first days free :)

Thanks ladies. Out of interest where did you get your poles? I have seen a few but they are super exspensive. Also OH is very against me having one in the house. Might have to set one up in the garage!

You should really look at Xpoles for safety's sake, they start at £149.99. Mines was from Pole Dance Heaven. You have to invest or you could end up in danger. :( Most other cheaper poles are made for more prancing around less serious. Xpoles also have a good resale value.

DH was never keen until I took it up properly and knew I was serious. The Xpoles dont need screwed in, they are easy to take down and don't need fittings either.

There are different sizes and coatings too, but a standard size is 45mm/50mm. We have 50 at class and my own is 45. I think 50 is easier to begin with.

Xpoles also come in two versions
Sport - the pole doesn't spin round, it's the cheaper of the two
Xpert - the pole can be set to spin or be static

I won't ever use spin mode and my friend who's done pole for years hasn't either.

Also don't buy from eBay - there are fakes going around!! You need a decent retailer.

Agree with AP 100%. Please don't be tempted to buy anything other than an x-pole. Other poles are not made for anything other than dancing around. x-poles are made to hold a lot of weight and can support your body off the ground, safely!

I have a 50mm chrome x-pole x-pert, which cost me £199. I don't often use spinning mode though and could probably have got away with buying the sport at £149

I have my own pole and do the DVD tutorials when I have the money I want to go to classes!

Let's go together! :haha:

Always wanted to do it, I'm way too fat at the minute but when I lose about 5 stone, I might think of taking it up.

I stalked the group thread, oops :blush:

You girlies are excellent xxx

Thanks ladies. I think ill see how the classes go before i invest in my own pole. I need to be 100% beofre i invest that sort of money!

You're right hun. I see many girls come in and do a night and they dont come back, yet other crazies like me go buy one as soon as they get home. You'll know! But - always remember, you arent gonna get the moves right away, on the first night, i couldnt even lift my feet off the floor, it felt physically impossible. Everyones different, you might pick it up fast or it might be a slow process, but dont feel disheartened!

Again agree with AP, don't worry if you can't do much on your first lesson, you wouldn't be able to walk into a gym on your first session and lift 100kg :haha:

We have beginners who are upside down first lesson and some that take 3 months to do it. It's all about building strength and confidence :)

:hi: I do pole as well, been going for nearly 6 months now and LOVE it so much. I started going with a friend but she didn't keep it up but personally I find it is better to go on your own, it can be quite awkward if one of you takes to it quicker and it can also stop you getting to know the other girls (and guys) there.
It is so much fun and feels like such an achievement when you learn moves. Just don't be surprised by the bruises and skin peel, you will have a lot!!

I started with a friend who has now dropped out too. I prefer going on my own, I go at my own pace and make myself chat to everyone else, I've made loads of friends through pole!

Id love to make friends there, I dont have many around here most are back by my parents. Not sure OH is too pleased with me pole dancing. He seems to think ill end up in a club being paid for it!:dohh:

Really?! How small minded of him! Maybe show him some of the pole fitness videos on youtube rather than the sexier pole dancing he's probably thinking of?

Yeah he is completely wrong about pole dancing, yes it can be sexy club dancing but it can also be almost a cross between ballet/contemporary and gymnastics, it's all down to your style really. Definitely watch some videos on youtube, my favourite to look up would be Jenyne Butterfly.

I told him it was like gymnastics with a pole! What do you ladies wear? I have a sports bra and a pair of normal trainers. Not sure what is best?

Sports bra, vest top, short shorts and bare feet for me. I use my feet in a lot of moves so trainers would be useless to me, not sure about beginners though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->