Poll, how do you feel about alliterative first names for siblings?

Blizzard

Mum and WTT
Reaction score
So how do you feel about it? My son is Finley and I really like the name Felix if we have another boy. Hubby is unsure if they work so give me a hand :).

Please answer my poll! X

I have to say I really like both names!! But I'm not sure if I would give them both to my kids as they are pretty similar... Could you use felix as a middle name? X

No we want to use family names as middle names. Leaning towards Sam as a middle name or Charlie. My brother and sister.

I think it's fine... My brothers are Simon and Stephen (My name does not start with S)... No-one has ever though it weird or OTT or mentioned it to my knowledge - in fact, I've never given it a second thought until writing this... My friends two boys are Felix and Florian (They are German) and everyone seems to think that's cool xx

Personally it's not for me, I always think if you had more children but didn't like anymore F names it would feel odd to me and personally regret it in the long run.

That being said they are lovely names and your choice for your family x

Me and my sisters are Samantha,Stephanie and Sophie. I dont mind it and wouldnt not use a name cause it had the same letter. and i love both names x

We have a Leo and a Lexie purely because Lexie was the only girls name we could agree on and it just so happened to be the same initial as Leo! We may or may not use another L name for our third, we love Luna for a girl but again it's not cause we want matchy matchy names! My cousins are Justin,Jessica and Airlie which I think is perfectly normal :)

Go with what you like. If you like Felix go for it. I don't find it weird. My mum was Jane and her brother was James. There father was also James, but was called Jim. So its what you like, and don't let others stop you.

I had to vote no opinion as I think it depends on the circumstances and the actual names chosen. I wouldn't rule out a name purely because it started with the same letter as a sibling, yet at the same time I know of a lady who has 6 children all starting with the letter "M". I wouldn't go that far personally but each to their own!! I really like the names you have chosen and if you love the new name go for it!! x

Our first 2 draughts are Ellie and Emma but purely because we liked the names and we did like that they were both E names but our other 2 children are Lucy and Jamie. Do what you like doesn't matter what anyone else thinks xx

Our daughter is Emilia and for number 2 we are thinking of Elliott or Ethan for a boy and Eloise or Niamh for a girl, just because they are the names we like, nothing to do with the first letter as such. Also sometimes names that begin with a particular letter might just go better with your surname, so I say just go with whatever you like. I don't think Felix and Finley sound too similar really.

Interesting thread, we have a Harry, and if we have another boy the only boys name I like is Harrison, my DH has ruled this out totally as there so similar, I'm hoping for a girl!

My daughters are Ava and Ali and if we have a boy we live the name Alex. I love the idea :)

my husband is Trevor, his sister is Toni, their cousins are Takeo and Tomayo.. theyre all in their 20s and its like a totally cool thing they all bond over lol.. the T club

I think its totally fine. As long as u dont have jack and jill lol xxx

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they both wouldn't have the same nickname, for example Kaylin and Kaitlin or something that similar is obviously silly in my opinion but Felix & Finley sound fine together!
For the PP who said they have a Harry & only love the name Harrison - Harry is a nn for Harrison so obviously I'd say no to that as well (sorry)

my son is C.J (but he is known by his middle namr)

my next son will be J.J

why? purely because those two name are my favorite names for boys (I would regret it forever if I dont use them both)

for a third boy would be B.S

and for girls the intials would be either K.W and C.R (we still argue over this)

I dont think it matters at all if sibling alliterate or if some do and some dont just make sure one child isn't being specifically left out (e.g. 4 kids with M names and one with an C name like: Mark, Mary, Matthew, Megan and Connor :wacko:)

My OH's name begins with C & so does his two sisters and 1 brother. I think its fine aslong as they dont rhyme lol.

I've git a Sophia and a Sienna, not on purpose but just because I like the names. Only problem so far is that people keep interchanging the names (myself included!)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->