polyhydraminos

Pix

Reaction score
After a 3 hour appointment today I was diagnosed with boarderline polyhydraminos.

Has anyone ever had this?? Google is NOT my friend with this situation. I don't have any of the tells just the excess fluid. I now have ultrasounds with my weekly appointment's. NST today showed a happy healthy baby and previous appts have completely ruled out any abnormalities.

yes i was diagnosed with this at my 32 weeks scan with one of my twins, he also has a growth restriction now going on. Mine was 84mm and i agree google is not a good place to look for this condition! Mine has been creeping up with each scan and when i hit 80mm at 28 weeks i knew that the maximum it was considered 'normal'. My midwife is happy that all is well with him, heart rate and movements are all good, all previous tests came back normal nothing out of the ordinary noted.

They said they could be worrying me for nothing, however with the drop in growth they are concerned about a swallowing issue he may have. I go back for a repeat scan on xmas eve followed by a consultation with the OB and depends on the outcomes i could end up having xmas babies!

Oh wow!! That is worrisome. Hoping you have a blessed outcome!

I'm more concerned about cord prolapse. :-/

Good thing you are very nearly at 34 weeks!

My next is the 23rd. I started walking as soon as I got home in the hopes if I keep that up it may speed up labor. I haven't hit the danger zone yet but I'm right there. I did read it was more common with multiples.

Good luck and thanks for replying. I believe I'll stay away from Google for this one.

I had this, fluid was about 10cm but when I went for a followup scan it had gone down to 6cm. Had a scan 2 days before he was born and there was hardly any fluid but when they felt my stomach they said it felt like there was lots:shrug:
Excess fluid may be the way baby is lying and it can go up and down.
Anyway he came out happy and healthy so try not to stress (silly thing to say to a pregnant woman) and avoid Dr Google at all costs- he's evil!:haha:

I had it with 2 of mine. Ended up being nothing. Both were ( and are ) healthy.

Good luck on 23rd keep me posted please. I agree about the prolapse cord worry but if your just at limit now hopefully that won't be a problem . It's great to read stories where everything is and was fine. I would be less worried if it was just fluid levels its the drop in growth that makes the combination for me worrisome. I will be sure to update this no matter what as I hate looking for answers and finding unfinished threads x

Exactly!! I love reading about how all turns out. Right now my levels are at 22cm. Or 220mm. I think there are different standards than in the UK as compared to here. My body is just being a bit of an overachiever. I know I had it with DD but I also had GD.

At least I've neared the end. We've come thus far!

I think over there they measure the 4 quadrants and give a combined total or something like that, where as over here they do deepest pocket - single measurement. My GD had come back great that was the first thing they looked at, so we can rule that one out.

Yes it's definitely better to have happened now than early on, they are at a good gestation if they do need to come quickly :thumbup:

I have Polyhydramnios with twin 1 and increased fluid with twin 2. 10cm and 7cm respectively. I do have GD. My high risk/GD midwife, the sonographer or the consultant didn't seem at all concerned. I'm taking metformin to help control my blood sugar now so hopefully there will be an improvement with the fluid levels at my scan next week. X

good luck today pix! hope all goes well! x

skunkpixie Glad nobody is worried by your levels, GD is an explanation for high fluid so hopefully now you have it more under control your levels will come down x

Tomorrow seems so far away...:coffee:

Thanks!!! You ladies as well. I feel very very swollen today and am honestly dreading the holidays.

Great news Baby B, who is still small has grown 12oz in two weeks and his fluid levels have dropped back into normal range (75mm) - i am so relieved!!! Baby A is still oblique and showing no signs of moving so a c-section has been booked for 14th January..... 3 weeks today! OMG It's all of a sudden got very very real!
I go back for a scan in 2 weeks (hopefully 7th Jan) to make sure all is still well, Ob appointment again afterwards plus my pre op assessment should be the same day.... babies should be here the week after. This all just got very real!!

Great news Baby B, who is still small has grown 12oz in two weeks and his fluid levels have dropped back into normal range (75mm) - i am so relieved!!! Baby A is still oblique and showing no signs of moving so a c-section has been booked for 14th January..... 3 weeks today! OMG It's all of a sudden got very very real!
I go back for a scan in 2 weeks (hopefully 7th Jan) to make sure all is still well, Ob appointment again afterwards plus my pre op assessment should be the same day.... babies should be here the week after. This all just got very real!!

Wow!! What fabulous news!! It won't be long now!!

Mine went back to normal. Out of the high risk zone again. Sneaky baby. He was even smiling on the ultrasound! Officially ready to NOT be pregnant anymore!!

Good to hear you got good news too :) These babies are clearly going to cause us mischief once here lol x

Hello bit late here but just wanted to say that i had very severe polyhydramios when i was pregnant with my little boy (whose 2 in May). The upper limit of normal was 25 and i went up to 36!!! I was induced at 38 weeks and when they broke my waters literally the whole room and the two male doctors who broke them were absolutely covered lol!! (not my best moment). My Charlie was absolutely fine and there has never been a reason found for my excess fluid.

I had it with DD. She was the rare case though. They thought it was caused by my GD but it turned out at birth it was down to a condition called choanal atresia. It can be very dangerous and she could have suffocated at birth if we hadnt had a team of consultants around us for a seperate issue. Its good that they are keeping a close eye on you and monitoring the levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->