Polyhydramnios Anyone??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Over 35' started by MummyMEE, Jun 1, 2011.

1. MummyMEE

MummyMEE DS of 14/DD born Dec '11

Been for my 12 week scan today and been moved up to 13 weeks plus 4 :)
    But on the down side been told that my pregnancy will be consultant led as I gave birth prematurely at 32 weeks to my son ( now a strapping 13 year old nearly as tall as me!) and they want to scan me every 2 weeks to check everything is ok. I am so excited that I get to see my peanut every fortnight!! Going to cost me a fortune in scan pics!! :cloud9:

2. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Well-Known Member

Glad everything went well with your scan hon.

At least they're going to be keeping a close eye on you eh?

I'm consultant led too and it's great for peace of mind to be honest and the extra scans are an extra bonus, but thankfully, my hospital haven't charged me once for pics - even though there's a sign that says £5 each time :D

3. Elski

Elski Well-Known Member

Glad the scan went ok, it's such a relief isn't it. If everything progresses well and your pregnancy is problem free, they may well sign you over to midwifery-led care at 36 weeks :flower:

4. MummyMEE

MummyMEE DS of 14/DD born Dec '11

Here's hoping but I am glad they are keeping an eye on us, it was so scary last time I am a little nervous this time but at least they clued up on it in the early months :thumbup: xx