pool/spa

carries

Mother of two under two!
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I posted a while ago about birthing pools as I am looking at buying/renting one for my homebirth. Just thought id let you know that I have found a certain brand of inflatable spa with a heater and filtration system for £199!!!

I have searched online and there are reviews for it being used as a birthing pool and have spoken to my midwife who says that it should be fine!

Very excited :)

To buy! And its fully portable so we can put it back in its box until we have a bigger house with a garden then it can go outside!

Sounds like a great price! Good find!

That sounds a great buy! What make is it? Do you have the web address? I spent hours looking the other day and struggled to find one. Was cosidering getting an ordinary pool and buying a heater.

Its a lay z spa. I did find it on the web but dont rememebr the address. There are loads on ebay though, brand new :)

I did see that one actually. There were loads of bad reviews about them on one website. The heater was not very good and one persons actually blew up!! I think is was a review page on ebay that i saw it.

my sister has one and has never had any problems. I am found a review of a woman using it as a birthing pool as well. Hmmmmm ill look into it a bit more

I found a reveiw from a lady who used one for a home birth and had no problems. I will look into it further aswell, perhaps the reveiws i saw were from ages ago, i didn't check the dates. If your sister has had no problems perhaps any faults with them have been resolved.

Will let you know what i find out.

Ahhh i found the reviews you metioned. It does seem it has a high risk of issues with the pump. Hmmmmm so hard to decide!

I had another look last night.

There were alot of bad reviews but when i looked at the dates most were from 2006/2007. A lot of the problems was with moisture/rain getting into the heater!! That wouldn't affect us!! (not planning on giving birth outside in november!)

A few people had no problems at all.

When i looked on ebay there is a new model out, think it was called phase 2. Haven't found any reviews for this one yet. Perhaps the problems have been solved and they are ok now.

I only really want it for the birth! Don't really care if it breaks after!

I was saying the same to OH last night as well. Its 200 quid to hire a heated one or 200 to buy that one. If it works after then bonus...if it doesnt ahhh well. :)

Am going to speak to my midwife when i see her at the end of july as i haven't even mentioned to her yet as i'd like a home birth.

Am also going to ask her if she can recommend a pool or company. Was also going to ask if they have any pools you can borrow!! Doubt they will though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->