poop troubles?

T

tinytoes

ok, so i may have asked about this before ..i'm not sure. I'm baffled.

TEd is now 10 weeks old and for as long as I can remember - at least 6 weeks, he's been straining to poop 2 hours after his night feed. Like real straining throaty pushy noises. He doesnt fully wake up so I'm assuming it's not hurting him but it must be uncomfortable. Sometimes raising his legs or rubbing his belly can help as he goes quiet briefly.

It goes on for hours if I dont get up and excercise his legs and wipe him bum to encourage the poop out. Literally hours. Once I've done this he goes no worries, and it's liquid as it should be. Occasionally it looks slightly sticky...but still predominantly liquid with the usual lumps.
It doesnt seem to be getting any better.

I then feed him and he pops back off to sleep to start moaning again an hour or two later. I get the impression it's to do with his metabolism slowing while he sleeps or something? It's not that he cant go while laying down as once i've wiped him and encourage the poop out he goes no worries.

I'm being driven mad by it. If it wasnt for this moaning we'd all sleep well - he literally wakes, feeds and then sleeps. (And moans in his sleep). But because of the moaning between 4 and 7 I'm exhausted...

His routine - the first part of the night is great, the second half not so..:

9pm feed
10pm (ish!) sleep
3am feed
4.30 - 5am start moaning and straining thraoty noises
i clean him - he poops - and feed him
6 - 6.30 start moaning again. Feed again and try and soothe little man

any ideas whats going on? What we can do to help? I'm sleepy and wishing for one moan-free night!

I mentioned it to teh doc who just said "well he does go, so he's not constipated..:"
and he does go regularly - after virtually every feed.

no ideas? no one else experiencing this?...we must just be the lucky ones!?:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->