Poor kids, BBC1

just watched this and now I wished I had not, I understand doing it from the kids point of view, but a couple things, was it just me who thought that a few things the children said were pre planned, ie told to say by adults. Notice how they hardly allowed the adults to talk, is this because the adults know they are not prioritising so making out for the sympathy by going through the children.
The single dad who cannot afford anything, why does he have 2 TVs in his lounge, one of which he clearly uses for the internet and yet has a comp in the corner, he claims he only gets 410 a month 30 of which is jsa and 50 for his child, JSA is roughly 52 on the lowest income!!! I am sorry but whos leg is he trying to pull, he cant find a job with his job search, well sorry then widen your job search!
the young girl who managed to move into a home, she seemed so sweet, it is the children I feel for they did not ask to be born into this, and are trying to make the most out of a bad situation, they are growing up too fast its sad,
I am sorry for any offence this last sentence may cause , but I personally think the whole thing was bullcr*p!!!!!!!

I cant say its bullcrap, they were clearly poor and living in sh!t conditions which wasnt nice but their cicrumstances could be improved in many ways, its just a case of them being lazy and not helping themselves. As for saying widen your job search, its not that easy. I have years and years of experience in many areas and I have qualifications, Ive had my own business, worked with mental health patients, bar work, catering and retail and Im finding it very difficult to get work pregnant or not. Even the job centre admitted that most things these days even simple catering work is qualification based.
I also noticed his 2 TVs and the fact that the one they pay to use which "Dad got into debt for" was a huge flat screen one which just annoyed me even more!

I cant say its bullcrap, they were clearly poor and living in sh!t conditions which wasnt nice but their cicrumstances could be improved in many ways, its just a case of them being lazy and not helping themselves. As for saying widen your job search, its not that easy. I have years and years of experience in many areas and I have qualifications, Ive had my own business, worked with mental health patients, bar work, catering and retail and Im finding it very difficult to get work pregnant or not. Even the job centre admitted that most things these days even simple catering work is qualification based.
I also noticed his 2 TVs and the fact that the one they pay to use which "Dad got into debt for" was a huge flat screen one which just annoyed me even more!

I dont mean bullcr*p as in lieing, hard to explain, I mean as in its wrong as in the way they are living when there are ways to get out of it, yes nothing will be easy, esp when you are stuck in a rut, I just think it was shown really badly!!
maybe just bad editing/cuts on the BBCs half!! again as in widen job search, I am talking area, amount of hours wishing to work and whether its only part time or full time!!

Ahh right well yes I agree. Perhaps he isnt looking hard enough for a job. I think the program just filmed them as it was and the kids fabricated it a bit to make it looks worse than it was ?

The one thing I missed off my rant before was the kids playing in derelict houses. The little girl said they have no puzzles or colouring in to do so they play out on the street. Im sorry but a puzzle for 50p and a set of £1 shop crayons (which they clearly had as they'd used them on the walls!!!) is a good investment if I thought my child was playing safely inside using their imagination rather than throwing bricks down a hole in an empty house. I was horrified.

There is a group on FB and that steve bloke is on there. Not to skint for the net then mate!

I watched it and it was horrible seeing those kids being so unhappy and negative about their lives :nope: My mum was on benefits with my brother and I and she saved it for herself (has around £17,000 in bank and still gets HB and everything else:nope:) and acted too poor to pay for anything. We went without even though she was well off. She has mental health issues and now she has dissappeared with her 15yr old son :nope: Its made me want to ensure Leo and any future kids never go through what I did and never go without. Id happily not eat or go cold so Leo can have enough food and nappies.
I agree this is neglect with the food situation. No child should go hungry.
Is this a series or a one off?

Watched it last night on iplayer and omg that's all I can say. Why the hell can't they clean? why can't they afford to feed there kids? what do beans cost? noodles? pasta?
So so sad that children live like that :cry:

i still buy cheap 10/15p noodles they taste great tesco own lol i feel bad for the kids but its the parents fault and they need a swift kick up the butt

Pretty depressing viewing :(
The sisters in Bradford were so cute, my heart was breaking for them! I was in tears when she said she didn't want to grow up cos she'll always be poor :cry: how sad!
And I don't think there's any excuse for a filthy house no matter how skint you are! I wanted to pick her up off that manky carpet at the end. And I wanted to buy Sam new school trousers - what a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->