Popping in from toddler section

mummylove

Reaction score
Was jsut wondering when would u class ur child as a kid like i mean what age/ I know mine are toddlers but how old would they be to be classed a kid? I know stupid question as they are kids lol

For me, it was probably a couple of months before he turned 4 that I felt he wasn't much of a toddler any more. He just seemed much more mature all of a sudden :)

Different for all of them. For DD I'd have said she was a child from about 18 months, she was so advanced.

For the boys, a bit older.

DS2 is 3 now and I post about him in the toddler section, but truthfully I haven't thought of him as being a toddler for absolutely ages now. But he's in nursery, and that seems to be where nursery-related threads come up.

I tend to use the benchmark of starting school as the other section is for toddler and pre-school and this one is for kids and teenagers.
If the other section was just 'toddlers' then i would say they stop being a toddler around 3 or 4 years.

I was thinking about 4 years old specially when they start school

I'm in 'board limbo' at the minute. Earl is 3y4m and he's so not a toddler - hasn't been for a long time. There's very little of relevance apart from the pre-school threads that pop up on the toddler board but I'm too scared to do more than lurk in here as it would mean dealing with 'kid' things lol.

I think they are preschoolers around 3-4 and children at around 4-5.

I'd call Tom a child now - he hasn't been a toddler since just after 2 really.

I've started looking in here more because a lot of the other section isn't really relevant anymore.

I've been feeling that way about Charlie for a while now as well, but I really like the toddler section it's a lot busier in there but same as you Hattie, I feel a lot of the stuff isn't relevant to us any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->