Popping over from 1st tri - Early scan question

JJay

Pregnant with number 3
Reaction score
Hi I hope you don't mind me popping over I just want to see if anyone had a similar experience and all turned out OK?

I had a viability scan this morning. I was offered it after my mmc in the summer.

The sonographer couldn't find anything at first, she said my uterus is flat shaped and tilted making it difficult to see. She ended up doing an internal and a more experienced sonographer had to take over. Eventually (I was fearing the worst by now!) they found the sac and could see a heartbeat. I asked the rates per minute but the equipment is old and doesn't measure that. She said the heart rate was fast. She measured a few times as I told her I should be 7 weeks 1 day but the max she could get was 6 weeks.

She told me it's likely the baby will have caught up by the next scan. I am obviously worried though! I was using opks so am pretty sure of when I ovulated and got an early bfp so the very least I could realistically be is 6weeks 4 days.

Did anyone else have this happen and all was ok?

Thanks

I really don't think it's all that uncommon for early scans to be a bit out from what you thought. At this stage and with a good heartbeat I'd try not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->