Popping over from 2nd tri :)

no drama mama

Reaction score
I know how excruciatingly long the first trimester is and wanted to give you girls a ray of hope. The 2nd tri is amazing :)

Yes, you might still be sick and it might still feel like life is dragging by at a snail's pace but at the same time, you realize it's going WAY too fast and you'll wish for it to slow down a little bit. You'll feel like you're in this weird limbo between not feeling pregnant at all and waiting for things to happen but knowing every day that things ARE happening, you just can't feel it yet. And that first time you do feel it? If you've never been pregnant before, you'll probably stop and go "was that...?" then when you feel it again, it'll be the weirdest/coolest/craziest thing you've ever felt and you'll probably cry. Oh yeah, crying - there's a lot of that too. lol. Lots of aches and pains but a few days after you think you can't take any more, there will be proof in the belly that seemingly grew overnight.

I know I'm rambling but I was so nervous, sick and scared in the first trimester that I didn't really enjoy it at all. I'm still sick now but somehow it's okay because I have proof that there really IS a baby growing in there! First tri is tough but you'll be past it soon enough. There's SO MUCH to look forward too and we all need to remember to slow down and enjoy every minute of it. This is a special time in our lives, one that we're so lucky as women to be able to experience. You're always going to worry, that's just ingrained in us but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Have a wonderful rest of your first trimester and see you in the 2nd tri! Congratulations ladies!

Of course! I know how hard it is, feeling like it's never going to end and you're going to feel like dog ass for the rest of your life. But you won't :) You might look like it but that's okay - you've got good reason to. Growing a person is hard work! lol!

thats how I feel right now. this is my first and Im petrified and I feel like garbage. And I cant wait for the first bit of movment I feel

Thanks for that. First trimester does drag by and isnt very enjoyable with all the worry of the NT scan looming and not knowing if theres going to be a HB or something wrong with the baby. And all the unpleasant symptoms. Ive found the first trimester excrutiating. I told my mum im almost 12 weeks now and scan is next week, she said thats gone quick. I said well it hasnt for me!! Can NOT wait for the 2nd trimester!

Yeah, it doesn't feel like anything is going on right now (well, except the nausea at night). I know A LOT is going on in these first few weeks, but I can't wait until I "feel" pregnant, you know? Until I can feel him/her move, see the bump...

Thank you so much for this message.

Im 10 weeks now, to start off with i had really had M?S well heaving and not bringing anything up, i had bleeding, sore boobs. Most of my symptoms are subsiding now but i can't was for my U/S and then the second tri

You WILL feel better! Maybe not great, but better :) I imagined that once I hit the 2nd tri that it would be like hitting a light switch. Needless to say, I was disappointed when it didn't happen but things are definitely on an upswing. Hang in there everybody - you're doing good!

Thanks so much for the encouraging post! I only just found out I am pregnant 2 days ago, and I am sooo excited, but nervous at the same time. I will be 4weeks tomorrow, and in Sept I MCd at 4w2d. I definitely feel more confident about this one for several reasons. Some of the symptoms that I had last time I haven't had this time, (even though those symptoms do NOT always mean MC). Plus, I've had LOTS of nausea this time and didn't get it at all last time. Also, with my MC, I got a BFP on CD 28, but with this one, I got an even darker BFP on CD 25. So a stronger positive earlier on - makes me feel good.

I am definitely looking forward to the 2nd tri, but am just excited about the whole thing period!

Thanks again for your post!

Good luck TandA08! Positive vibes coming at you for a sticky bean!

Thanks for your post. So good to read. Can't wait for my next scan and to finally reach the second trimester. The first is painfully long and full of very little good stuff. Can't wait for a bump or to feel our little lime moving around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->