Popuar foods that you hate

louandivy

Reaction score
I have been frying my brain in preparation for my exam next month so obviously I deserve this mindless break...

My main one is mayonnaise. GOD I HATE IT SO MUCH the texture makes me want to hurl, when I was pregnant I ordered a tuna sub at subway with NO MAYO but they put it in anyway and I very almost puked on the floor and then I cried ahahahaha. I also hate cheese and double cream. But mayonnaise is the devil and the most unnecessary food on earth.

What about you guys?

You hate cheese and mayo?!!! Heathen!

I HATE seafood and fish

Yes urgh I have always hated them...I can just about handle melted mozzarella on pizza and grilled halloumi but that is my limit. There is nothing more vile to me than people getting excited over disgusting smelly cheese urgghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can't imagine not liking seafood! Prawns and lemon sole and seabass mmmmmmmm.

I also don't get why people love profiteroles. They are gross.

Not sure it counts...BUT I hate fizzy drinks, I do nothing but burp when I have them ha! :blush:xx

Fish.

I so want to love it but its vile.
Makes me laugh when people try to convert you by making you try some of their meal...... Nope. Still gross!!

Yes urgh I have always hated them...I can just about handle melted mozzarella on pizza and grilled halloumi but that is my limit. There is nothing more vile to me than people getting excited over disgusting smelly cheese urgghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am no longer speaking to you....profiteroles are the only dessert I eat!

I have a slight addiction to cheese...costs me a bloody fortune!

Prawn just look yucky and taste horrible! Craved for them whilst pregnant though!

Prawns:sick::sick::sick:

Never had one in my mouth and never will have!

Bacon.

I've never known why it has the almost cult following that it does. It's horrible!

Totally unoriginal.......but MARMITE! :sick: :sick: :sick:

That's the only thing I don't actively like. I will try anything once, have eaten all things from shark to alligator to testicles!! LOL

Pies. Any type but especially meat ones.

Anything barbecue flavoured. Or meat flavoured. In fact most meat products that aren't 'real' meat. And in terms of real meat I only like chicken. And very occasionally I will eat beef/turkey/gammon. I do love burgers but the idea of them freaks me out.

I don't know if it counts but I can't stand alcohol. If I drink it has to be disguised as something else.

Prawns, kebabs, most fish except calamari and sushi, quiche... I'm a fussy eater.

Cheesecake. I've sort of warmed to it over time but it has to be heavily flavoured by something else so it doesn't taste of cheesecake.
Also coriander. I looove Thai food but all the coriander spoils it!

I agree with a PP on bacon. I don't get the big deal :shrug: I mean I don't hate it, I'll eat it but it's like 'meh'.

I love cheese and mayo more than anything, cheesy mayo chips arrrmagad.

I hate cucumber, wine, thai green curry, raisins, sultanas, pork chops, coriander, black liqourice, not huge on ketchup

Cheesecake. I've sort of warmed to it over time but it has to be heavily flavoured by something else so it doesn't taste of cheesecake.

I agree with a PP on bacon. I don't get the big deal :shrug: I mean I don't hate it, I'll eat it but it's like 'meh'.

YES it really does!

I also hate fish and any sort of seafood!

I loooove bacon, I think it's the most amazing food ever lol.

The one I hate is pretty standard (I think); Peas! I get really mad when I eat out somewhere and specifically ask for no peas and they give me them anyway. I get even madder if they're touching the rest of my food. I don't like things to touch :haha:

Salad cream and Mayo, yuk. Also agree with a previous poster about peas, I especially hate if I ask for something without peas and it comes out with a pea somewhere on it, I just know that they've scraped them off at the last minute lol. BBQ sauce is another one, I can't even sit at a table with someone eating it.

Lol I'm the opposite mozzarella and halloumi used to give me the heebie jeebies *shudder*. Mayo most of them I cannot stand and Helmans used to make me throw up. However there is this Amisa brand vegan, egg free, soya free mayo which is amazing probably because it has a vague taste of mayo but nothing else. And it's not a popular food per se but tripe was absolutely rank when I tried it by accident, hidden in a vegetable stew :nope: it tasted like I would imagine rancid meat to taste. Frozen broad beans are also pretty loathsome. Mushrooms as well I am really funny with, they have to be roasted to death or deep fried, boiled mushrooms of any type please do not go there :( xx

ETA: and how could I forget the hideous Jerusalem artichoke?

Onions! I hate them even though they seem to be in everything. I like green onions, but thats as far as ill go. Not to hot about olives, my husband loves herring and liver pate, but i find them horrendous!

Baked beans are the worst thing in the world for me !
Other things I hate (in no particular order) are tomato ketchup, bananas, cinnamon, mayo, garlic mayo (bleurgh!) sausages .....

I'm sure there is more to add to that list !

Apparently there is a gene which means coriander tastes lovely to some people but tastes soapy and unpalatable to others who lack it

https://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-09/13/genetic-aversion-to-coriander

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"