Porridge

sapphire20

Olivia & Alex <3
Reaction score
Hi,

I give my LO porridge everyday for her Breakfast, atm I am using the heinz baby stuff but its costing a fortune as she does take alot. So what I am wondering is when can I give her Ordinary Porridge or Ready Brek and at what age can I make it up with Cows milk and not Formula?

x

You can give normal porridge now, and make it up with cow's milk. Have you been giving pureed food up til now? If so she may or may not like the fact that regular porridge has a bit more texture to it. I give Ruby little bits of Dorset Cereals fruity porridge which is quite lumpy but as we're doing BLW she's used to lumps and likes it. Just check the porridge hasn't got stuff added to it :)

Ellis has Ready Brek and Whole Milk and he loves it, prob because it has more flavour than baby cereals. Weetabix will be next as this can go smooth too.

You can give normal porridge now, and make it up with cow's milk. Have you been giving pureed food up til now? If so she may or may not like the fact that regular porridge has a bit more texture to it. I give Ruby little bits of Dorset Cereals fruity porridge which is quite lumpy but as we're doing BLW she's used to lumps and likes it. Just check the porridge hasn't got stuff added to it :)

Thanks, we are doing a bit of both so hopefully she should be ok, gona give it a go anyway as shes one hungry little lady and that baby porridge is so expensive! x

Yeh, definitely use proper porridge! When we used the baby stuff it was costing loads to feed him. Ready Brek is quite smooth and a lot cheaper.

Ohhh I didn't know this lol! Mailie hates weetabix so hopefully she'll like ready brek!

I have loads of Oat So Simple, can she have that?

Yeah, oatso simple (plain, not the flavoured ones) is fine. It's got no rubbish added to it.

Goodness I saw the price of the heinz baby porridge in the shop today - I'm not surprised you're looking for an alternative Sapphire20! :)

From 6 months they can have normal ready break also fullfat cows milk in it from 6 months x

This is great, didn't know you could use plain porridge - the baby stuff is sooo expensive!!

Ahhh I only have one problem now....she flat refuses the readybrek :( im just gona have to keep trying! I know its like £2 for the heinz tiny box and only £1.70 for a huge box of readybrek!

Ahhh I only have one problem now....she flat refuses the readybrek :( im just gona have to keep trying! I know its like £2 for the heinz tiny box and only £1.70 for a huge box of readybrek!

Mailie's the same, she hates it too, only tried it once, going to try again in the morning but add some fruit to sweeten it and hope that works, might also just make up a huge bowl and share it with her, might persuade her its quite nice if she tried it lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->