Pos OPK after MC - how soon?

mushmouth

Mum to an amazing Girl
Reaction score
Hi all,

just a quick question - i had a MC almost 2 weeks ago now, and went back today for a HCG level check, and we did a normal POAS pregnancy test which came back negative... and curiosity got the better of me today, and I did an OPK and got a positive.

My question is - could I be ovulating now? (if my MC bleed had been a period, I'd be OV'in nowish) or is the OPK picking up some residual pregnancy hormone? :shrug:

We are going to wait a cycle before we TTC, i'm just curious!

thanks all

x

You could definitely be ovulating. My guess is that if your HPT came back negative, then an OPK wouldn't pick up hcg either. Just a thought, not totally sure though.

Thank you Heart tree - that does make sense - I read the article about using OPKs as HPTs and it said that HCG hormone being the LH hormone with a funny hat on - so OPKs can pick up HCG but not the other way around (now I sound like a crazy lady!) but you wouldnt think a OPK would be more sensitive to HCG that a HPT.

what a whole lots of acronyms! this TTC malarky is a whole 'nother language!

I'd say that you are most probably OVing. It is apparently very common to ovulate 2 weeks after m/c or just whenever you would normally expect to. I've had 3 m/c's and after 1st two I OV'd when I would have expected to between CD16-19. Had my 3rd 3 weeks ago and although I haven't used OPK's this time round (I have given them up after becoming completely obsessed) but I've been getting OV symptoms, EWCM, sore boobies, nausea etc so I'm pretty sure I OV'd around CD17 this time again. (Counting 1st day of bleeding as AF)

x

Thanks Swanny - I'm sorry for your losses hun - im counting first day of my bleed as AF too, and I'd say my body is doing the same

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->