pos OPK, ewcm, but no temp rise

mangotango

Reaction score
Is it that I'm ovulating late?
I've been charting for months now and I normally ovulated on CD15 and my temp rises the next day like it's supposed to. This month, I had EWCM on CD 14&15 with a positive OPK CD 15, but no temp rise and today is CD19. My temp has not shifted at all from the norm pre-ovulation baseline. Is it possible to ovulate and not have a temp rise? Or might I have O'd but my progesterone is too low? I might have O'd and progesterone not kicking in...but that would also mean no chance of getting BFP, correct? because the progesterone is needed?
I know that it's possible that O comes later sometimes. I haven't been stressed. I started a new job, but it's less stressful than my old one and I love it! I also started B vitamins 1.5 weeks ago to help improve my energy levels and think I read that can change things??
Any insight from you ladies would be great if you have any!

The exact same happened to me this cycle!! And doing sone research and asking here I got very mixed responses!
It could be that you didn't ovulate at all. But apparently it can take 48 hours after a positive OPK to ovulate and another 2-3 days for the temp to rise. So maybe there is still hope for us!
My temp went up a little but yesterday and today but not as much as last time so I'm not sure if it's enough to confirm ovulation..
Guess we'll have to wait if the witch shows! Crossing my fingers for you!

The B vits can change things yes, they delayed my O when I tried them last time TTC, maybe you geared up to O but didn't, you may still try and O again. Or maybe the change in routine has delayed things, this happens to me sometimes too!

thanks for the input. Mrs Vet, that's crazy it happened to you too. I guess my cycles just aren't normal yet after coming off BC? My temp was down the day after I "thought" I was ovulating and then up yesterday but not above my baseline (it was 97.9 and my baseline is 98.0) then it was down to 97.7 today, so that is why I figured I didn't ovulate at all. I'm hoping it's just delayed but man...we had sex every day. so now it's been every other day so far since that day. BD'd today- we'll see if my temp rises tomorrow otherwise probably try to BD again. But it feels like such a chore at this point. It's not like when I know I'm going to ovulate regularly...I try to make it fun and exciting. Now it's more of a "we need to because what if I O today and miss out since we didn't do it yesterday. Maybe it's an anovulatory month? I guess time will tell.

well, my temp went up to 98.1 this morning, but I'm so confused...did I ovulate yesterday or a few days ago and the progesterone was delayed. I guess I'll just have to wait and see when AF comes.

hi, the same has happened to me once, and i didnt get cross hairs till 6dpo, it couldn't make its mind up, so i wouldn't worry hun ;) xx

My temp is about the same as yesterday, I am spotting again and I have about every pregnancy symptom in the book today. Maybe I'm making it all up in my mind but the spotting is real so I am calling my doctor in the morning about it.

best of luck Mrs. Vet!
for me, my temp is up and I had not logged my temps in FF for a few days and it puts me as my O date being the day I thought it was and has been...CD15. It has my coverline lower at 97.8 when it was 98 in the past. I guess it takes my +OPK and EWCM as the true indicators?? So today I am 8DPO I think but it took a few days to see my temp spike. The body is an odd machine!

The B vits can change things yes, they delayed my O when I tried them last time TTC, maybe you geared up to O but didn't, you may still try and O again. Or maybe the change in routine has delayed things, this happens to me sometimes too!

Do you think that consistency with what you take is key?!?! I have been on prenatal vits for a while so thats ok, but i've JUST started taking Vitex (2 days ago) i am hoping they shorted my cycle but do you think they might do the opposite because its something new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->