Pos opk on cd 13 but neg opk on cd 14, do I have a short lh surge?

Kwee

Reaction score
So I got my first positive opk on cycle day 13 and then I took another opk on the morning of my 14th cycle day and it was negative. Does this mean I have short lh surge and when do you think I ovulated based on this info?

Hi there, I'm not sure about the LH phase bit but I just wanted to let you know. I used an opk on a Monday, it was negative, used again on Tuesday it was positive so we BD'd that night. Opk was negative on both Wednesday and Thursday but I got my BFP 2 weeks later.

What kind of opk did u take? Maybe ut looked positive but wasn't actually there yet.some ppl do get positive day and negative the next it depends on your cycle and when u start testing i start early so i can see my line getting darker.

I think it's fine to have a positive OPK one day and negative the next. I'm not sure if that would be considered a short surge, but I don't know how much that really matters. If you had the surge which lead to ovulation, that's all that matters! What I hear most re: when you ovulate after a positive OPK is 24-48 hours. So based on a positive OPK on CD 13, you probably ovulated on CD14 or 15. I don't know if you temp, but that can help confirm ovulation after the fact.

Hey Ladies

I have only had 1 positive result and only on 1 day. I read it's ok and pretty normal to get it for 1 day. As long as you get it you should be all good.
These tests are so hard as drinking too much, peeing too often and taking the tests too early in the day can change the results quite a bit.
Keep trying and you'll get there

Hi there, I'm not sure about the LH phase bit but I just wanted to let you know. I used an opk on a Monday, it was negative, used again on Tuesday it was positive so we BD'd that night. Opk was negative on both Wednesday and Thursday but I got my BFP 2 weeks later.

Oh wow, that's great! Congrats :) That gives me hope.

I think it's fine to have a positive OPK one day and negative the next. I'm not sure if that would be considered a short surge, but I don't know how much that really matters. If you had the surge which lead to ovulation, that's all that matters! What I hear most re: when you ovulate after a positive OPK is 24-48 hours. So based on a positive OPK on CD 13, you probably ovulated on CD14 or 15. I don't know if you temp, but that can help confirm ovulation after the fact.

I do temp, but only for the past two cycles and I wasn't waking up at the same time so I can't use it as a reliable source. But I'm thinking it was cycle day 15, too.

What kind of opk did u take? Maybe ut looked positive but wasn't actually there yet.some ppl do get positive day and negative the next it depends on your cycle and when u start testing i start early so i can see my line getting darker.

I used the Clearblue Digital, the one with the smileys. I used them from cycle day 9, because I have a 26 day cycle and wasn't exactly sure when I ovulated. It was an empty circle all those days until day 13, and I tested more than once a day. I got my positive at about 2:45pm that day.

Hey Ladies

I have only had 1 positive result and only on 1 day. I read it's ok and pretty normal to get it for 1 day. As long as you get it you should be all good.
These tests are so hard as drinking too much, peeing too often and taking the tests too early in the day can change the results quite a bit.
Keep trying and you'll get there

Yessss, it is so hard! Especially because I drink a lot of water during the day. It's tough but at least we're getting +!

Hey ladies

Any idea on how to get pregnant with a short lp?
I've just had a positive fertility monitor and OPK cd20 of a 28/29 day cycle!!
Totally worried it will affect things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->