positions...big boobs!!

We live in a FFing culture which obviously included amounts and measurments. Before formula, which was only introduced in the early 1900's (so a fairly new inventition in the 200,000 ish years humans have been BFing) no one had any idea exactly how much their young had eaten. We sometimes forget that it's ok to trust simply trust your instincts. :)

We live in a FFing culture which obviously included amounts and measurments. Before formula, which was only introduced in the early 1900's (so a fairly new inventition in the 200,000 ish years humans have been BFing) no one had any idea exactly how much their young had eaten. We sometimes forget that it's ok to trust simply trust your instincts. :)

i don't think we are encouraged to go with our instincts either. With my first 2 babies i was told that if i gave up and gave lo a bottle then there was no going back. With dd i was dying to give her some of my milk when it finally came through (she had become really distressed on the colostrum so we gave her a bottle because she was so hungry) but the mw had put the fear of god in me. My instincts were telling me to give her some of my milk but fear told me not to. :cry:
i have had no support from mw or health visitors this time around - so i apologise now for 100,000 questions over the coming months!!!! :blush:

Keep em coming darling!! If you're HV isnt BF trained (which many arent) then come here and ask away. It's a good idea to find a BF support group. You may have a Baby Cafe (https://www.thebabycafe.org/index.html) or a La Leche League group (https://www.laleche.org.uk/) near by. My authority also run BF support groups where you can go and just have a social with other mum's - ring you MW and ask if they have any, they should know. :)

Charlie just had the best feed he has had off me yet! He is now settled in his moses basket fast asleep.......and the best bit:

NO TOP UP REQUIRED!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Woohoo!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Its so rewarding seeing them full up and contented on your milk.

Keep going with feeding from the side that he didn't like earlier, my left side is worse and to start with I hated feeding from it cos it was such an effort, Isaiah could never really latch on properly and not much milk seem to come out. Still now my right boob is more productive than my left but we don't have any issues feeding from it, it just takes him a couple of chomps to get a proper grip.

OK i was originally taking bfeeding one WEEK at a time...once i realised how hard it is and how you have to be so dedicated to doing this changed to one DAY at a time.....now I think I am having to take it one FEED at a time. :cry: Charlie has just had another really good feed off me...i am assuming that he is getting enough...he fed for 30 minutes gulping away and when he came off the milk was all round his face!! But then he went mad and the only thing that has now satisfied him was a bottle. :cry: i feel terrible. Like I have given up too easily. I was fine with combination feeding but now i feel as though i should be doing better. :grr: totally fed up now. :cry:

:hugs: You're doing great, as he was gulping the whole way through and had milk all round his mouth then he's getting plenty. Don't beat yourself up over what's happened try and look forwards positively to the next feed.

When he came off did you offer the other breast? When you get to end of one breast they have to work a bit harder to get the last few drops out and he probably got fed up. which is possibly why he wanted the bottle.

:hug:

You really need to try to believe in yourself honey. Sometimes he will seem like he's still hungry when he's just tired or wants comfort and when you give him the bottle he may just be taking it for comfort.

You do need to take it a bit at a time. You are at such a crucial stage. I just wish I could fast forward 3 days with out top ups for you - you'd see a difference but I understand it's really hard when they cry/.

dont be hard on yourself. If the top ups are keeping you sane then they cant be a bad thing can they. x

Ahem...big boobs...wear the most push-upiest bra you can find for breastfeeding. Sort of prop the boob (without taking it out completely out of the bra) on top of the bra. Try taking out just your areola. This will help contain the boob tissue somewhat and also give you nipple height to feed bb more comfortably. And get one of those aforementioned donut or v-shaped pillows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->