Positive at 8dpo and then getting negative again..is this normal?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
if this means I didnt O back on the 19th then I guess Im def out..I thought I was 12dpo or so today... the top test is from Monday at 8dpo and the bottom is from today at 12dpo....the rest were just taken inbetween...seriously bummed now :cry: we only did it on the 16th...so no way Im preggie now

is this ever normal even if you Od when you thought you did? I cant temp because Im up a few times in early AM with my boys...

Attachments

• end of july opks.jpg
    end of july opks.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 33
HappiestMom the bottoms ones are positive still!!! A line is a line! What time of the day did you take the test!? Did you have lots to drink? So many factors can effect the strength of the line colour

No these are OPKs. That's why thinking I didnt O back on the 19th but just recently closer to the 27th so if that's the case I'm def out

I had a positive opk fri 18th sat 18th and sun 19th so I assumed based off first positive opk I Od that sat/sun. But these are from this Monday through today so was wondering if I did O when I though why would they be positive again at what I thought was 8dpo

Oh I understand now I think! Only thing I can think of is that your body geared up to ov and failed so has tried to ovulate again. Did you BD this week at all?

Nope too busy and not in the mood coz I've been sick But I did find this last night and found it all over the place on lots of diff sites

It is normal to have LH surges during your luteal phase. LH is the hormone that makes the egg release from the follicle, but it also supports the corpus luteum during the luteal phase. It is very common to get positive OPKs during the luteal phase which is why it is advised to use OPKs until you get a positive and then stop using them.

Unfortunately the only way to confirm O is BBT

I can't temp because I get up random times of night with my twins

Some can still get reliable data with night waking. My two year old wakes me up 2-3x a night. It wouldn't hurt to try!

I spoke to my doc about this he said only use thr first opk you will get multiple positives if u keep testing as you get surges of othet hormones that increase in lp. He said thats why yiu cant rely on them as hpts as they pick up lits of other hormones. So based on what the doc said i would go with your first opk

I spoke to my doc about this he said only use thr first opk you will get multiple positives if u keep testing as you get surges of othet hormones that increase in lp. He said thats why yiu cant rely on them as hpts as they pick up lits of other hormones. So based on what the doc said i would go with your first opk
So the first positive OPK is the one that is at least as dark if not darker than the control line? Idk much about them is why I ask. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->