Positive Digital HPT, negative line test.

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
So yesterday I took a digital HPT with the first pee of the day and it came back saying that I was pregnant. I went to the gp today and they've booked me in for a blood test on Monday to confirm the pregnancy. I couldn't wait that long so DH bought me a couple of the cheap line tests and I just took one. I barely had enough pee to fully dip the test into, a tiny portion was submerged. I've also pee'd a few times today so DH says it's probably just too diluted and my HCG levels aren't high enough. I'm now on the verge of a break down now. Trying to stay calm but everyone in my mum's group says that the chances of a digital test giving a false positive are extremely unlikely. Going to test again in the morning but now I'm freaking out.

Yesterday Morning
https://i57.tinypic.com/21e48t5.jpg

An hour ago (4.40pm)
https://i58.tinypic.com/vmst2v.jpg

-AussieBub

Pretty sure your pee was just too diluted. Specially if you barely had enough to dip the test in. Just wait until morning and take another.

Yeah I would say it's too diluted plus cheapies can be unreliable too. Big hugs x

Thanks, I'm hoping that's all it is. I had pretty bad nausea last night and even threw up once. I'm just too afraid to accept the positive test because I'm scared it was false. And now this negative test has me freaked out more.

-AussieBb

Thanks, I'm hoping that's all it is. I had pretty bad nausea last night and even threw up once. I'm just too afraid to accept the positive test because I'm scared it was false. And now this negative test has me freaked out more.

-AussieBb

Your stick tests might be less sensitive, the digital is fairly sensitive, though FRER (First Response Early Result) is by far the best. It picked up less than 10hcg for me. I would try again with first morning urine, or after holding for 4+ hours. If it's still negative I would spring for a FRER test instead.

The cheapie test pic isn't all that good but I feel like I still see a line?? And I agree your urine was probably way diluted :D

Well I slept for 5 hours then woke up needing to pee again. So I took the other test in the pack and it's negative too. Got a blood test on Monday but I think all that will do is prove me right, that I'm not pregnant. So disappointed right now.

-AussieBub

are those tesco cheapies? I bought some when I was a week late, for science you understand ;), and they were RUBBISH, the test line was so light! and the day before I had got a 3+ on a CBD.

Don't count yourself out yet. Buy some FRER's and give it a go.

Hang In there.. You got a bfp... Cheapy tests are not always as accurate.. If you need some reassurance go by a frer.. But I'm sure you're okau

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->