positive digital opk then two hours later negative?!

lafayette21

Reaction score
okay ladies, I need some advice pretty please!

I'm either on CD 10 or CD 14, I had a withdrawal bleed after the pill, so I'm not entirely sure which one i'm technically on.. but anyway... I'm TTC and bought a Clear Blue Digital Ovulation Test because I did my research and they seem to be the best around! I took a test around 9pm tonight and it was positive, I had a big smiley face on the screen! Then I just peed on one again, around 11pm, anticipating the smiley face and it was just a circle (clearly negative)! What does this mean? I had sex this morning, and I can do it again tonight/this morning, but I'm not sure if this is just a mistake or I really did have my LH surge?! Really really trying for my first child, so please let me know if you have experienced this or have any info! Thank you!

PS I'm 21 and I've never had children, so I'm hoping that its easy! I have EWCM also!

The best time to opk is between 10am and 8pm because of the mechanics of LH, it surges into our body in the early morning but doesn't show in urine for a few hours, so doing one at 11pm it may have dissipated through the body and be waiting for the next days!
Also since it was only 2 hours between tests your urine may have been too diluted, you should hold your wee and not drink anything for 3, preferably 4 hours before tests.
Also bear in mind it can take a while for your body to get back on track after the pill, it could be a few months before your first ovulation.

Oh, and nothing about having children is easy.

thank you! I was only on birth control for less than a month and had very regular cycles before that, so I'm hoping it works this time! I hadn't even thought about the shortness in-between I just was so eager to see that smiley face again! I'll make sure that we BD tonight and I'll either test in another 4-5 hours or tomorrow around 10am and see what happens, thank you for your help! We BD'ed around 11am this morning also, so if I do it again tonight (assuming I am ovulating soon) do you think my chances with timing BD are pretty good?

thank you! I was only on birth control for less than a month and had very regular cycles before that, so I'm hoping it works this time! I hadn't even thought about the shortness in-between I just was so eager to see that smiley face again! I'll make sure that we BD tonight and I'll either test in another 4-5 hours or tomorrow around 10am and see what happens, thank you for your help! We BD'ed around 11am this morning also, so if I do it again tonight (assuming I am ovulating soon) do you think my chances with timing BD are pretty good?

It would depend on your OHs sperm. Alot of doctors say if you do it too soon his swimmers won't have replenished, some say every 24 hours is fine, some say 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->