Positive for a someone with thyroid issues?

MrsT3813

Reaction score
I have Hashimoto's Disease (autoimmune underactive thyroid) and pre-diabetic, and it makes my cycle very unpredictable, ranging from 25-40 days in length. I've been on synthyroid for 1 1/2 years now. My OB/GYN thinks the up and down of my thyroid has been affecting my cycle length, but I shouldn't worry since my temp charts always indicate ovulation. She won't do any testing for fertility issues since my DH and I have only been TTC since March 2014, but recommended OPK's.

This is my 2nd month with OPK's. Last month I never got a positive OPK, the second line was always non-existent, even though my temp chart shows that I definitely ovulated. Now I'm on CD 13, and this is my test from this morning with a FR OPK. Does this look positive to you? Or at least close to the LH surge? I'm wondering if my thyroid means I'll only have a fainter test, even though it's being treated?

I'm grateful for opinions and advice!!

Attachments

• OPK 12:4 AM.jpg
    OPK 12:4 AM.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 8
It's not quite positive but deffo gearing up to it! Have u got any other signs the big O is on her way? Ewcm!? My tests looked like that the day before I got a blaring positive xxx

That's great to know! I find it so odd that a second line doesn't always mean "yes" with these things, I think I'm to used to pregnancy tests!! :)

I have a very difficult time "reading" my cm. Since starting thyroid meds I've become a lot drier than I used to be. However, yesterday I did have a little bit of thin white (not ew) cm, and it was slightly stretchy, but not by a lot. I must be on the verge!

You were right! I got a strong positive yesterday. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->