Positive FRER, negative digi: 14 DPO

SunnyBe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

First time posting in this subsection of the boards. After a year of TTC naturally and a failed IVF attempt last month, I got my very first faint positive on an IC and a Dollar Tree cheapie on 11 DPO. You had to look really closely to make sure it was even there.

A FRER with FMU looked better at 13 DPO. The line was there but it wasn't a really strong one. There seems to be a bit progression today, at 14 DPO. I can also see something on those horrible blue dye tests, although it's not that clear either. I temp and use OPK's and I'm absolutely positive I ovulated 14 days ago.

We were really hoping to get a positive on a digital today. According to the package, they have a 95% accuracy when taken on the day of your expected period. I know they're less sensitive but I feel really worried, so I turn to you, the experts!

Do you think there's a chance? I know that low hCG levels generally don't bode well for the viability of the pregnancy, but also know that everyone is different and some start out with lower levels than others. Just last month, my hCG was <1 on a blood test (IVF cycle). What do you think of the progression on the FRER from 13 to 14 DPO? They should have been much darker this far out. Don't worry about upsetting me, I'd rather get your honest opinion than just hear what I want to hear.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Tests-13-14DPO.jpg
    Tests-13-14DPO.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 161
  • FRER-progression.jpg
    FRER-progression.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 88
First off congrats!!! That is lovely progression on the frer. Usually hcg doubling time is 36-48 hrs. Frers are much more sensitive than digitals. Give it a few days and the digital should be positive.

My negative digi positive frer is sitting on my knee trying to steal my phone so there is still hope

I know I'll still worry until either AF or the baby is alive and well, but trying another digital just now (Walmart brand) gave me a lot of reassurance. :cloud9:

Attachments

• Walmart-Digi.jpg
    Walmart-Digi.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 110
That's lovely. I hope your feeling reasured I had lines on 3 different brands when my cbd said not then 2 days later it said 2-3 So they are annoying

Congratulations! :) Digis are less sensitive so they often take a while to show as positive. Your lines look great though! :)

Your FRERs are lovely and the progression overnight is fab! I didn't even bother with a digi until I was a week overdue af with our son. I wouldn't worry about it, and you have a positive digi on another brand so that's really good

Progression is really good but my guess beta is on the low-ish side because the digis are actually a lot better than people think. I'd retest tomorrow in case you got a crappy one. Are you sure you're 14 DPO?

Congratulations!
My friend had the same situation. It just took a few more days for the digital to say positive, so I wouldn't worry! Especially when sometimes if your cycle isn't always the same exact amount of days... (Like I vary between 27 and 30), your expected period date might be off by a day or two!

So I wouldn't worry! And your line on the FRER got much darker!

:happydance: did you use morning urine for tis one
I know I'll still worry until either AF or the baby is alive and well, but trying another digital just now (Walmart brand) gave me a lot of reassurance. :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->