Positive FRER's, negative bloods 10DPO????

tryingforthrd

Reaction score
Arghh I got my BFP yesterday morning at 10dpo. I went off to my Dr to get a blood test to confirm so I could relax a little more. She rang me this morning and said it was negative! What the heck?! Is it possible for a blood test to be negative and still be pregnant?
I'm just so sure that I am. I even went out and bought another brand of test and used it on a 1hr hold and it was a really faint positive.
Help please, anyone experienced this and still been pregnant?

Attachments

• progression.jpg
    progression.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 60
Your levels are increasing by the look of your test...did you get a count from the lab? As your hcg level could still be under the level for what they count as a positive and still show on FRER.

Your levels are increasing by the look of your test...did you get a count from the lab? As your hcg level could still be under the level for what they count as a positive and still show on FRER.

Thanks for the reply. No, my doctor just told me it was negative. Dr Google has told me it happens. Found heaps of old threads on forums of exactly this happening and they were all pregnant. Who knew FRER's were more sensitive than blood tests haha

Agreed. There are two types of blood tests: quantitative (beta) tests which give you an exact number or qualitative which just says positive of negative. I will tell you right now that any qualitative test in a doctor's office is going to be less sensitive than an HPT most of the time. Kaiser doesn't even require an in clinic test anymore to book the first prenatal because "the home tests are so much more sensitive than what is in clinic". I have also had a urine test at the doctor come back totally negative with a beta of 43 done in the same lab visit.

Those FRER tests are super sensitive and they are definitely getting darker. I got a bfp on one with a beta of 7. So don't fret just yet. Congrats!

Thanks, wish I'd known all this before I rushed off to the dr lol. My test this morning at 13dpo was waaay darker :) Definitely preggo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->