Positive HPT 23 days after MC

brookettc3

Mommy of 3 expecting #4
Reaction score
Well to gie a little background I miscarried at 5 weeks 23 days ago bled fOr over 2 weeks. When I went to my OB 1 week after MC she told me my urine test was negative but i took a HPT and still posItive so she sent me or blood work and HCG is still at 10 does anyone know if you can ovulate with HCG still in your system? FF says I ovulated 4 days ago.

From what I have read and been told, you will not ovulate until you levels are back down to below 5 and your first cycle will also not start until levels are below 5. :hugs:

I was still getting a positive 21 days after my first d&c and ended up needing a second. I would say wait a few days and test again? Good luck.

Hi Brooke,
I've been looking into the same thing. I'm sure I ov'd about a week ago but didn't get a negative test until Sunday. From what I've found online some people say yes and some say no. There are people out there who swear they have concieved before hcg went back to zero and I think sometimes some fertility treatment involves giving you a shot of hcg (though I don't know about this, if I'm wrong can someone correct me!) so I guess that indicates a certain level of hcg in your system is helpful when it comes to getting pregnant. Myself I've always had pretty strong ov symptoms but don't temp or been properly tested so I can't be 100% but I had all the symptoms that I would have had during a normal cycle (lots of EWCM, strong ov pain and feeling frisky!). Sorry for the waffle but I'm going to say yes, you can ov with a low level of hcg in your system. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->