Positive HPT after MMC??

M

maggsy11

Hi ladies,

firstly I'm so sorry for all of your losses, I just need some advice please.

I had a mmc at 9 weeks, I opted for the medical management, that took place two weeks ago today, the hospital said everything came away in one, (sorry if tmi), I stopped bleeding 6 days ago, but thought I'd better do a HPT to see if my Hcg levels have dropped, the test was positive straight away, the test line is actually stronger than the control, I know that it can take a while to decrease, but should it be faint by now?

I want to go to GP in the morning and ask for bloods to be checked, do you think I'd be wasting there time? would just like to know so I dont get false positives when ttc'ing!!

Thanks for reading this, any answers would be greatly appreciated

xmagsx

Im not sure hon?

I have just had a D&C (last friday) and was under the impression not to :sex: until the bleeding has stopped completly or until after our 1st AF.
Am i wrong :blush::blush:
I want to start trying asap but wasn't sure if we could straight away.

Sorry to ask and obviously you dont need to answer this if you dont want to but how soon did you :sex: after the D&C?

xxxx

Im not sure hon?

I have just had a D&C (last friday) and was under the impression not to :sex: until the bleeding has stopped completly or until after our 1st AF.
Am i wrong :blush::blush:
I want to start trying asap but wasn't sure if we could straight away.

Sorry to ask and obviously you dont need to answer this if you dont want to but how soon did you :sex: after the D&C?

xxxx

Hi sorry I didn't have the D&C, it was tablets, we dtd after I stopped bleeding which was 6 days ago, I was told this would be ok as long as I felt ready to try again.
I think its different with the D&C because they go through the cervix, not totally sure though.
Thanks for your reply, hope your well enough to get going soon! :hugs:

xmagsx

Hi .. I had a D&C on 24th March after a MMC at 9 weeks. I was advised not to have sex until after the bleeding stopped to prevent infection. I have been advised by a midwife and my GP that if you feel emotionally ready then there is is nothing to stop you from trying straight away. Only reason why they advise you to wait until after first AF is to help with dating scan ... hope this helps! x

Not really sure i can give much advice, by what your describing its probably unlikely your PG again, but it could just be the levels are taking a while to go down. I had D&C on the 6th of april and didnt test until 2 weeks after and i had a BFN so i think everyone is just differant in how the levels drop x

Not really sure i can give much advice, by what your describing its probably unlikely your PG again, but it could just be the levels are taking a while to go down. I had D&C on the 6th of april and didnt test until 2 weeks after and i had a BFN so i think everyone is just differant in how the levels drop x

Hi, I know I'm not preg again, think if I was it would be the fastest BFP in history! LOL, was just really wondering when the levels start to drop, so I dont end up with false positives in another 2 weeks when I test for real, does that make sense, I'm not to good at putting stuff into writing, sorry :dohh:

Hey hun,

I had a natural mc this weekend... but the hospital are checking my bloods as there was no sign of pregnancy in the womb... and I hadn't had alot of blood loss...

Still getting pos preg tests... and my HGC levels, although low, are now rising which is odd... I'm being monitored every 48hrs and have to go back again on Saturday.

I've heard that you can get a positive test up until 4 weeks after...

I think maybe you should chase them up to do bloods.

After Isabella died my tests were negative by 2 weeks later and faint for a while before they turned neg.

It can't hurt to ask them.

Hi Maggsy I got positive tests till 25 days after my erpc and some were really strong - tests are so sensitive these days that they get really strong positives even with lowish hcg - I got my first AF exactly a week after my first negative test at 32 days after the erpc and then went straight back to 28 days cycles.

I was really worried I was still getting positives when it was nearly 3 weeks after erpc and so I went to doctor and they did blood tests - by teh time I got results I'd got a negative test!! But if you're worried your doc should do some tests for you.

HOpe all sorts out soon.

:hugs: Hi, just wanted to share my experience. I had a mmc & a D&C at 12 weeks. I stopped bleeding 13 days after the D&C, but still tested positive (a very dark, no-squinting-required positive). I had my first AF about 5 weeks after the d&C, but my blood hcg was still 14. My temps (and opks, CM, etc) all indicated that I had O'd that first cycle, so figure that one out :shrug: Two weeks later, it had only dropped to 7 :dohh: HCG lebels can take a looooonnng time to fall back to zero. I know it can be really discouraging, but hang in there. The good news is that two weeks later (and 10 days after O) my levels were 26. 18 weeks later, me and my little bug are both growing and healthy.

Try not to be too discouraged while you wait for everything to get back to normal. Even if it took you a while to get pregnant the first time, it doesn't mean it'll be the same way this time around (that was our situation). Take care :hugs:

Hi ladies,

Thank you all so much for your replies and support.

I'm just back from GP's and she took bloods, wont get results back till wednesday next week as its a bank holiday on monday, but at least they didn't send me away.

Hopefully they will drop soon and I can be sure of whats happening in this mysterious thing we call our body!! lol

Again thanks, take care and loads of baby dust :dust: to you all

xmagsx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"