positive HPT then after an hour it was neg

beckie1991

Reaction score
^^^^ should say positive HPT for a hour then an hour after that it was neg....

Hi ladies im looking for some advice and clarity.
Today (4pm) i took a HPT which was very faintly positive but both me and my cousin could see the result. i also sent a pic of it to my friend and she could see it too. I took it as a faint positive (was there straight away) then after 2 hours of doing the test i went to show my OH,,, and BAMN gone, negative. Totally devestated. Shown him the pic and he cant really see it but obv believes me as 2 other people saw it too. it is now almost 8pm and i am tempted to retest at 11pm which would be 6hours after last pee and drink.

Has this ever happened to anyone else before.

oh and i miscarried a month ago this would be my next period so there would be no HCG in my body left off that pregnancy, it was an unnoticed pregnancy. By the time i got a faint HPT then and went to docs i bled 2 days later heavily and they said i must have lost baby then got a negative a few days later so its def not off that.

soooooooooo confused??? please help
beckie x

Hi, Beckie! I've heard that you shouldn't read an HPT after a certain amount of time has passed, so don't despair just yet. My advice is to wait to test again with tomorrow morning's urine. The HCG levels will be the strongest, and will have possibly had time to build up a little more between today and yesterday.

Good luck! :dust:

What kind of test was it?, can you post a picture?. its possible for a faint positive to fade a bit once the test dries, its also possible what you saw was a false positive/evap line that faded once the test dried. I would take another test.

I agree with above post. Tests shouldn't be read after the time stated on the package. That goes for positive tests fading to appearing negative too. What kind of test was it? With my daughter all ic's faded really quick but i still have a dark strong positive FRER and shes almost 1! xxx

Hi ladies thanks for your replies.

It was just a cheap test from wilkinsons. I am just so confused. I waited 6 hours no fluids or toilet, done another test and it was negative. I dont understand why the test would come up positive straight away and stay positive for an hour then 2 hours after be negative. My OH looked at me as though I was going nuts. I had to ring my cousin and my friend just so he could hear that there was 2 lines. I took a photo but because stupidly I had the flash on you can barely see it at all but I didnt have to squint to see it when the test was infront of me. Xx

Some tests are hellish for showing up indents which appear to be positive results. I've had my fair share of them unfortunately! I hope you get your bfp soon xxxx

Some tests are hellish for showing up indents which appear to be positive results. I've had my fair share of them unfortunately! I hope you get your bfp soon xxxx

hi Teri,
This morning i took another test..... BFN..... soooo totally sick of seeing them. I have looked at reasons as to how you can get a BFP result if you arent actually pregnant and it is coming up different types of cancer! I am 23 i dont even want to consider that as a posibility. This is the second month this has happened to me and the doctors said i was pregnant last time, this time im just so deflated and feeling extremely down.

As if that wasnt bad enough my OH and i have just been told his ex wife (he has a child with her) and her new partner are possibly pregnant. She has asked for all her baby stuff back from her first born child which is in the loft..... so deflated total kick in the teeth

hoping you all get BFP's soon
beckie x

So sorry to hear that , I know your pain as I have been TTC on and off for 6 years , I often get faint lines on tests too that turn out to be false. I got 3 positives on blue dye tests this month , but nothing on other tests. :hug:

hi Teri,
This morning i took another test..... BFN..... soooo totally sick of seeing them. I have looked at reasons as to how you can get a BFP result if you arent actually pregnant and it is coming up different types of cancer! I am 23 i dont even want to consider that as a posibility. This is the second month this has happened to me and the doctors said i was pregnant last time, this time im just so deflated and feeling extremely down.

As if that wasnt bad enough my OH and i have just been told his ex wife (he has a child with her) and her new partner are possibly pregnant. She has asked for all her baby stuff back from her first born child which is in the loft..... so deflated total kick in the teeth

hoping you all get BFP's soon
beckie x

Beckie, I am so sorry you're having a rough day. To be honest, I wouldn't worry about the cancer part for now, especially if you found that info online. There are lots of inaccuracies on the web, so I'd check with my doctor before worrying yourself into a tizzy about having cancer. That's one more thing you definitely don't need stressing you out right now. It can be very easy to get down when you don't get the results you want. What do you enjoy doing? I would recommend you take your mind off things a bit by doing something you enjoy. For instance, if you like to read books or watch movies, do that for a little while to give yourself a break. It's a great way to take your mind off things, even if only for an hour or two.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you, sweetie. Just remember, your BnB friends are always here for you! :hugs: I'm keeping my FX for your BFP!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->