Positive on FRER but negative on digital? Any experiences?

Unexpected212

Reaction score
I got the faintest positive on FRER on 10dpo. It was much darker 11dpo and a TINY bit darker today.

The picture shows 10, 11, 12 dpo (sorry it's sideways)

Have any of you pregnant ladies had a similar experience where you have had positive on a line test and negative on a digital.

I had a M/C a couple of months ago and I'm so scared this is chemical

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I guess I am technically 'pregnant' but just starting to doubt it now :(

I've heard that digis often don't work until 13 or 14dpo as they aren't as sensitive

Thank you

I wish I could calm down but i can't i'm a mess!

I've seen women with much fainter FRER's get a positive on a digital so it makes no sense to me

This is exactly what happened to me! I never even went out and got another digi to confirm it just went to the dr and had bloods done. Frers pick up really early and digis usually take a minimum if 50hcg. I wouldn't worry to much.

Hi hun Congrats! That looks like a BFP to me :)

It took me a couple days to get a positive on a digital as well.

My FRER showed up early as well. Just wait a couple days and test with FMU on the digital.

On the leaflet is said it picked up 25 miu

I'm worried that if I am pregnant and HCG is less than 25 at 12dpo that is a bad thing :(

Thanks for the replies so far it really helps

I had a very weird one, so I used a digi 12 days after a 5 day transfer (ivf) it said not pregnant, then at 14 days which was official test day I got a positive on a clear blue the one with the cross. I also had beta done that day and it was 301 (twins) so the first PG test should have picked it up but it didn't and I thought it was over. I am 10 weeks tomorrow. Good luck x

Thanks for the reassuring stories.

I looked inside it (i know!) and there weren't really any lines just blue ink smudged everywhere.

I will retest tommorow morning with a digital and if it's still negative I think it's time to assume the worst.

I don't know for sure what mine was Hun I didn't read the phamphlet? It was a first response gold digital so whatever that hcg sensitivity is? I assumed all digitals required 50 from reading prior post but I could be wrong. Either way I wouldn't lose hope yet with my chemicals my test were late and very faint for only a day or so. I think it's looking good for you!

Honestly no need to assume the worst! With dd I got a v faint bfp on a tesco test at 8 dpo (they detect 25 miu). By 10 dpo I was using frers and getting obvious lines. By 11 dpo I had such a dark line on a frer even my partner started to get excited that I was pregnant. I took a digi assuming it'd say at least 1-2, maybe 2-3 as the line on a frer was pretty dark and it said not pregnant! I was crushed and also assumed maybe the worst. Tested the next day and got 1-2, and 2-3 and 3+ followed normally. She's now a very active 2 yr old trying to steal chocolates from the fridge as I write!

Def dont assume the worst i heard so many bad stories about them i decided to only test with frer until my test line got darker than control than i stoped never even used a digital. Your test are progressing nicely which is usually a good thing to me seems like everything is going good to me congrats

Even with BFNs my digitals always had lines in them. If you are getting blue ink smudged everywhere, the digitals may be malfunctioning. This happened when I was using OPK digitals and held them in my hand rather than putting them on a surface. I would be very very careful to set the digital down on a still, flat surface and make sure it doesn't move.

Yeah maybe as I ovulated later than usual I implanted later as well which is why the HCG isn't high enough to register.

On most website it says at 4 weeks pregnant your HCG can be anywhere from 4-400

Yea and your not even quite 4 weeks yet just give it a few days and im sure it will show up but dont think worst your preg and its the holidays def a time for enjoying!!

Thanks

Got a super strong positive on two OPK's and I thought they picked up HCG at a LOWER level than most HCG tests

DONT PEE on the digi til you're passed period date. Causes unnecessary stress!

Congratulations :D xxx

The thing to remember is that the hCG concentration in your urine can be affected by so many things and it's often more diluted than the hCG in your blood. I don't use digis until I've missed my period because I'm on the low end of normal for everything-progesterone, hCG, etc. during pregnancy. With this bubs, I had an hCG of 38 at 13dpo and my regular dr said I was going to miscarry because it was too low. Well, now I'm 10 weeks and everything is clicking along just fine. Some women just don't have huge hCG spikes like other women do. And if you google hCG charts, they all say the same thing-it's not what number you start out at, but rather how much your hormones rise. Normal doubling time can be anywhere from 1-4 days! You are still early and you are showing very nice progression. Hang in there and try again in once AF has been missed. Good luck!

digitals tend not to shoe pregnant until about 13dpo 14dpo because the hormone levels aren't quite strong enough to be picked up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->