positive opk 14dp d&c

MrsHennieB

Amelia Belle's Mummy <3
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I had a d&c sadly 14 days ago. I've not used hpt's or opk's since, as I've not wanted to see 2 lines.
Anyway, felt stronger today, so did an opk and it was positive. Could this be an ACTUAL positive opk......or could it still be residue hcg from lost pregnancy? :shrug:
Any help would be gratefully appreciated :hugs:

Unfortunately it could be :( I had my d&c 8 days ago and I am still getting a + HPT- some women can get them up to 4-6 weeks after which is insane and sucks big time. :( I would recommend getting a cheapy HPT and checking to see if it shows + to help get a clearer answer. Hopefully it's a BFN (doesn't even sound right to say that! YUCK! But it's what I am hoping for before I can officially start TTC!) Best of luck my dear!

My doc said id get ov approx 14days after HCG went to zero.its possible to be ovulating x

Thank you both.....I think I should get a cheapo hpt, to put my mind at rest!
So sorry both for your recent losses :( Its so hard isn't it :cry:
:hugs: Helen :hugs:

Hi Hun, I would say it is possible that its you ovulating. I had all the OV symptoms only 8 days after my erpc and thought it was nonsense. However 18 days after it I had my first period. I passed my baby 3 weeks before my erpc so my levels were probably quite low anyway and Im assuming reached zero a couple of days after. Hope it is! xx

Hi Mrs HennieB

I'm so sorry for you and understand entirely the trauma of seeing a +. I m/c our lost little one at 12 weeks in late November and was discharged from hospital with instructions to do a hpt a week later. It was hideous and I had to get my husband to read the test as the prospect of seeing a - or a + on a hpt was too much to bear. I hope for you that it was actually ovulation but a word of warning if you're ttc straight away.....I convinced myself that I would be pregnant before my first period and when that arrived it totally knocked me off my feet, pretty much as devastating as the m/c. Guard your heart x

Thanks MrsN. I think I'm going to do a hpt today......just to be sure. My baby hadn't left me before the d&c, and my body was still supporting the pregnancy with climbing (slightly) numbers. I'm just confused and I think doing a hpt today will clear my head a bit! :hugs: So sorry for your loss :hugs: Hope you get your sticky bfp very soon!

Thanks Spoomie. Your input really struck home to me. I've given myself too much to expect. I do FEAR, that I won't get over losing another baby until I get pregnant again! Ridiculous! As if I don't get pregnant this cycle, I'm setting myself up for a MASSIVE fall! I think thats women though isn't it?! Once we decide we want a family.....we want it yesterday! So sorry for you recent loss :cry: Hope you get your forever baby very soon :hugs:

MrsHennieB~ I agree with you... I don't think I'll be able to focus on much after the m/c until I have a baby in my arms... and like you- I want it yesterday!!! I just had my d&c done 9 days ago and I am still spotting and it's driving me NUTS! I know some women do for weeks... (SIGH) I was hoping that I'd be one of those women that would have a few days- never that lucky! Did you take the HPT?? I've taken 2 so far- 1st one made me SUPER upset as it was still pretty strong and wasn't even FMU :cry: After 5 days- the line was lighter with FMU- so making progresss thankfully. I will take another one on Monday or Tuesday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->