Positive opk 4 days before period (6DPO) :s

cherrished

Reaction score
Hi ladies my af is due in 4 days and I'm 6dpo I've been having dark opks since I ovulated there is a pic below they have just not faded away and now this morning I've had a very positive opk stick the test line is darker then control, but I'm due on in 4 days any one else had this? So
I decided to do a preg test and it's bfn, can you get a LH surge just before period ? Thanks for reading x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 13
Here is a pic of my dark opks since day before ovulation and smiley face x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 14
From looking at the other ones with the smiley face one, your current one isnt as dark as the smiley face one. So i would almost think its probably not positive unless its the same as your smiley face one. Trying to decifer the lines can be tricky.

In the second pic, is the top one the most recent? Because they aren't positive so I don't think it means anything, I get quite dark lines at times. If the bottom one is the most recent then I might question if it means you are ovulating later than you think??

It's all confusing for me lol the 2nd pic the top
One is Tuesdays test then the rest are the following days when I was ovulating Wednesday, Thursday etc Wednesday is when I got my smiley face so
I went by CLear blue digital had flashing smile Sunday, Monday & Tuesday sold smile on Wednesday so I tested every morning after that, the top pic is a preg test and opk which was positive as the control line was lighter then test line, I don't think there all positive it just I don't understand if I had a solid smile Wednesday & Thursday surely they should be getting lighter fading away, but they've just stayed same colour :s lol confusing these test strips lol xx thanks for reading xx

Hmmm I'm not sure, some women have higher lh levels...you don't have pcos do you? That can cause lh levels to be higher.

Yep that's probably it then, its the raised testosterone it causes your lh levels to be abit higher. I have a decent line on my opks most of the time. Do you chart your temperature? It's a good idea to so that you can make sure you have definitely ovulated. I have PCOS too so I know what a pain in the bum it is. xx

Oh just realised it says on your signature that you have PCOS, sorry missed that.

I'm ttc number 2 aswell...getting fed up now!!!

Thanks Hun that explains it all then, I know same here getting fed up been trying for 5 years now for no.2 I will defiantly do my temps next month what do
I actually do? Take my temp every morning? Even on AF? Sorry never done it before lol xx

Well first of all you'll need a basal body thermometer, I temp vaginally as when I did it orally my temps weren't very accurate. Vaginally is much better. I don't take my temp while I'm on as I think that would be yukky. You take your temperature every morning at the same time, and you should get at least 3 hours solid sleep, if I wake early then I try and lay there til I need to take my temp. Fertility friend is one of the best charts to use, you can download an app so easy to access each morning and put your temps in.

Have you seen the doctor about your fertility? Really hope it happens for you soon. I've had blood tests and everything is normal and this time I ovulated earlier than ever (CD 17) and my hubby is waiting for a letter from the hospital to get his swimmers tested.

I've lost weight so my cycles have improved, and losing weight is how I fell pregnant with my son, but not happening this time. Going to lose more so maybe that will help...haven't done very well in the last few months.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->