Positive opk after possible ovulation.

Reindrel5200

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to TTC. This is my second cycle of it. So far I am on CD 27 and about 8-10 days past my suspected ovulation time and second day from my expected period. For the last two days I have had positive opks and today they were negative and I have taken several pregnancy tests and so far negative. As for cm... Very watery and lots of ewcm. Lots of cramps and sensitive nipples. Anyone have any idea what is going on?...

Are you sure you ovulated?

There is sometimes an LH surge before your period, which it might be, but I'd expect you to have got your period by now if that were the case (and your discharge doesn't match up).

OPKs also test for hcg, so can show up a pregnancy, but if pregnancy tests are negative then it's not that.

Combined with the discharge, I'd say you were ovulating late for one reason or another (stress, travel, just one of those things!).

Next cycle if you want to be sure, you could take your temperature every morning before waking: after ovulation it's higher. This is the best way to be absolutely sure you ovulated (OPKs only show that you're trying to, not that you succeeded).

I've had that before. A positive OPK isn't an absolute indicator that you are going to O - it just means that you're having an LH surge and probably will. For whatever reason, sometimes it doesn't happen and might happen "properly" later.

Are they definitely positive OPKs? Really dark lines?

i got a pos opk a few days ago i should be 3 dpo, got another 1 today with more symptoms so i am counting this as o day i didnt bbt so i cant confirm it otherwise it does happen sometimes ur body fails to o first time round

When is your usual CD for AF? Could it be she's about to start? If you're testing regularly there's a chance you're still just testing too early as well. Maybe test on the day you're supposed to have AF to see then too. Otherwise my thoughts are if you're 10 days past O there's a chance this could be implantation symptoms (at least with sore breasts and cramping). Keep us updated!

So I took another test and was negative....a few hours later it was faint positive..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->