Positive opk and egg release?

WannaSticky1

Reaction score
Generally, how long after a positive OPK is the egg released? Meaning, if I get a positive OPK but can't ovulate until the next night. Are my chances over by then?

Most people will ovulate 12-48 hours after the LH surge is detected, most common is 36 hours after the actual surge. One should get a bit more notice, 24-48 hours, by testing in the afternoon.
(fertilityplus.com)

You could ovulate as early as 12 hours later. Anywhere from 12-48 hours and depending on the OPK you used. The CB digitals say they predict 24-48 hours ahead.

I believe I got my positive OPK on a Saturday AFTERNOON at about 1pm. I somehow decided to test twice that day. My morning (8am) OPK was a negative (test line lighter than control line).

I have BD-ed twice since Saturday (immediately after I got my +OPK) and also today (Sunday). I tested again today and it is negative (test line lighter than control line).

I will keep doing the BD until Wednesday. I don't have any more EWCM so I really don't know when it will happen.

Anyone still get ovulation pains at around ovulation? Should it be before or after? I keep getting intermittent pains (not very painful, like if on a Scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most painful), its like a 1.

I believe I got my positive OPK on a Saturday AFTERNOON at about 1pm. I somehow decided to test twice that day. My morning (8am) OPK was a negative (test line lighter than control line).

I have BD-ed twice since Saturday (immediately after I got my +OPK) and also today (Sunday). I tested again today and it is negative (test line lighter than control line).

I will keep doing the BD until Wednesday. I don't have any more EWCM so I really don't know when it will happen.
I got my positive opk on Thursday evening after testing twice a day. I was still positive until Saturday evening even though I was cramping Friday night into early Saturday then around 7 AM Saturday I was woken up with a sharp pain in my abdomen that quickly passed. So I think I O'd Saturday morning but my opk was positive up until Saturday night.

Anyone still get ovulation pains at around ovulation? Should it be before or after? I keep getting intermittent pains (not very painful, like if on a Scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most painful), its like a 1.
Everyone is different. I have heard of people who suffer with O pains well after and people who don't even feel O. So it all depends. I think the only way to know for sure is if you are being monitored by a fertility doc and they do a cd 21 test for progesterone or if you are temping.

I did a digital opk on Friday at 4pm and got a smiley, bd'd that evening..tested again at 10am Saturday at got a smiley again but didnt bd! I was a little mad that DH fell asleep but I cant do anything about that now.
Took another test 10am today, no smiley but bd'd a little later anyway. Not too hopeful this month as i think i ovulated on sat (cd16). But if the smiley is 24-48 hours ahead of surge i might be ok! slight cramping today but not much.

Ovulation pains can happen before, during, or after ovulation. I've been having some twinges and had some sharper pain on the right side of my abdomen that lasted only a few seconds. It ever hurt more than a 3 for me. So I'm hoping that I was feeling ovulation.

I did a digital opk on Friday at 4pm and got a smiley, bd'd that evening..tested again at 10am Saturday at got a smiley again but didnt bd! I was a little mad that DH fell asleep but I cant do anything about that now.
Took another test 10am today, no smiley but bd'd a little later anyway. Not too hopeful this month as i think i ovulated on sat (cd16). But if the smiley is 24-48 hours ahead of surge i might be ok! slight cramping today but not much.

You should still be okay! Remember that the egg can potentially live for up to 36 hours after being released. :)

Hey hope this message helps those who are contemplating using ovualtion kits in general.. I highly recommend the clearblue ovulation kit with the smiley face. I got pregnant the first time off of using it and it was our 2nd month of trying.. first month i ttc with no ovulation kit and with help from the calenders but I happened to be way off !

rec'd smiley face bd that night and it so happened we bd the night before didnt know i was going to get one.. bd the day after the smiley face .. i found out i was preg 9dpo on a first response preg kit.. unfortnately pregnancy ended in early miscarriage.. going to start trying again in August . just waiting for my af to come ..

BB

Hey hope this message helps those who are contemplating using ovualtion kits in general.. I highly recommend the clearblue ovulation kit with the smiley face. I got pregnant the first time off of using it and it was our 2nd month of trying.. first month i ttc with no ovulation kit and with help from the calenders but I happened to be way off !

rec'd smiley face bd that night and it so happened we bd the night before didnt know i was going to get one.. bd the day after the smiley face .. i found out i was preg 9dpo on a first response preg kit.. unfortnately pregnancy ended in early miscarriage.. going to start trying again in August . just waiting for my af to come ..

BB

Thanks for the info and hope! I plan to use the CB digitals if I don't get my BFP this cycle. I will be taking Clomid next cycle and my OBGYN wants me using OPKs when on Clomid. Hopefully I'll get my BFP and won't have to worry about OPKs, lol.

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. :flower:

I have been trying for 4 months and I'm nervous about this month because of an unfortunate situation.
This is my second month trying with Ovulation tests. Last month when we got our positive on the OPK, we BD three times within the 36 hours. I had pregnancy symptoms, I was spotting lightly and was 4 days late. The spotting was not beginning cycle spotting, the color was definitely different. I am new to this, so I asked friends and I was told this is common with conception and implantation. I thought I would get a BFP so I tested 5 days early, but got a BFN, tested two more times, 2 days early, and four days late, still BFN then got my period that night. Major bummer!!
We are trying again this month, but my husband had to go away :(
I usually O on CD 14 which was conveniently while he is away. We BD a ton this week to make up for his absence during possible Ovulation. I got a faint line yesterday morning on my OPK, then felt sharp pains on my right side yesterday after noon (CD 13), should have tested at night but I didn't. This morning my OPK positive. So now I wonder, did I ovulation when I got pains? He left late on CD 12 and we BD'd Before he left.
I'm nervous that we missed our opportunity this month. He comes home tomm so we will try then too.

Hopeful and nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->