Positive OPK CD2

babydoc

Reaction score
Hi!

This month my AF came in about 2-3 days early. About 25 days, weird I don't know why. But it's definitely here and quite heavy.
I decided to do OPK stick more often this month, because I think I missed Ov last month, although I did pick up a temp rise on day 14.

However, yesterday the stick was positive, not like super super dark, but more than it had been any other day last month - on CD2 - it's not possible that was the LH surge is it? I'm still fully on AF! My cycle is pretty much 27-28 days regular, and previously I've had positive OPK in the middle of the cycle. I also had blood work showing low prog on day 3 and high on day 21 suggesting I do ovulate round about normal.

Is this just a dud of the stick do you think?

THANKS!

Why would you be using OPK's on CD 2 ? Stop it ...

Starting early does NOT mean starting during your period. You should be fine testing twice a day starting on CD10 with the cycle you seem to have

Thanks, ha ha! I didn't think i would be ov, i just wanted a baseline to compare to when I knew I wasn't ov - as the shades seem to be just so difficult to interpret. Anyway, I've just ordered a clearblue predictor, hoping it might be more straightforward!

Firstly I'd like to apologize, someone sent me a PM and said my message to you was incredibly rude, i didn't intend it to be that way.

Let me elaborate a bit. There are particular tests that ALWAYS have a test line, not just a control line. Personally I like those (Walgreens springs to mind) as i can then use an index card, tape them all up and look at the test line to see is change. Since you didn't specify what brand you used I can't say for sure thats what happened, but you mentioned that it was darker than before so it's likely the brand you're using DOES always have a test line. That being said it's also why a "base line" would be fine but it's really necessary.

Unfortunately I lost all my pictures from when TTC or i'd offer to share and show you more of what i mean :)

What I suggest and you're free to ignore this, is to use the dip strips on a routine basis. They're cheap, you can use them twice a day from CD10, and then use a digital as a back up. I found that on occasion the CB would NOT give me the result I was looking for when my test line was clearly darker than my control line on the dip stick, but would give me a positive at a later point.

The other thing to remember is the reason you test twice a day for multiple days is so you can catch both the upsurge and the down surge which helps to pinpoint ovulation more accurately. As your bloodwork has shown that you are ovulating, temping is totally up to you, but after bloodwork showing positive, in a regularly normal cycle even if you went to an RE they would likely say it was unnecessary because the bloodwork is acceptable :)

Thanks! Don't worry about your message, i just took it in jest - it's hard to know what people mean, so I just assume everyone is being nice and helpful, ha ha. i liked your advice, and have got one of the digi ones to try later this month when the cheapo ones (FYI the brand is oneStep, super cheap!) suggest it might be right.

Although having said that I've just posted another thread super confused as I've started bleeding again on CD8 so it might be a lot more complicated!

Thanks again!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->