Positive OPK just before AF?

josephine3

Reaction score
So i took some ovulation tests for the first time and got a faintly positive, followed by a positive, then a dark positive. I got all excited as im not sure i ovulate and hoped this would be a good sign, however the next day i came on much to my surprise as i have long cycles. Argh. Is it normal to get +opks before af?

Thanks in advance
xx

Sorry I didn't want to read and run but I am not sure.
Good luck!

have you taken an hpt? Opk may show up positive when you're pregnant. Other than that, I haven't the slightest clue. Gl!

I am sure im not preg as had period. Hmmm i was hoping u wud all say yes thats normal! I guess not many pple test that late i just didnt realise how far along i was in my cycle. Still confusing. Will have to see if same next month. Thanks anyway. Anyone else experince this? Xx

What type of OPK were you using? I had a super super clear positive (darker than control line) on a First Response Opk 3 days after I know (from temping and fertility monitor) that I ov'd. I also used a digital OPK that same day that was negative. So I'm sure the test was wrong. I've since read on here that others have gotten false positive OPKs with FR, so if you were using that one, it might be the issue. Otherwise, not sure. But good luck!!

Well i have finished af now and still getting pos opk. Dark positive.. These are superdrug brand but im going to get another brand in town and some hpts just for the hell of it! Will let u know results later ! I hope i dont have polcycstic ovary syndrome i heard that that can make ur opks constantly positive! Yikes!

Hmmm that is odd, I don't know! I think I'd BD, and also keep taking hpt

Hi sorry for late reply. So stopped getting positives a couple of days after af stopped. Still got 2 lines on superdrug tho, both light lines. Just the one line on cheap dipstick ones. And hpt negative. Anyone shed more light? Maybe tests too sensitive?

that's normal.I had pos. OPKs few cycles just before AF.
you may have a LH surge before AF.

Thanks so much i was hoping someone would say that! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"