Positive OPK?

JGraefe

Reaction score
So, we've been TTC our first for a year and a half now. We've successfully conceived twice but both have ended in early miscarriages. I went in for an HSG on Day 10 of my cycle (Feb. 28th). Husband is scheduled for his sperm analysis on March 17th.

Anyways, I've always used the Clear Blue Advanced ovulation predictors but have recently been getting a week or more flashing smileys and never a solid smiley signaling peak fertility. At the advice of my doctor, I tried using the First Response OPK and got this result yesterday. I also got the exact same looking result this morning as well. Would this be considered a positive result? If so, is it just that my clear blue test is broken or not as sensitive? HELP! I'm really wanting to avoid any fertility drugs if we can!

p.s- if this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry!

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 20
OK so this was from a week ago and the day after I took another one and the line was clearly negative. The line was barely there on the test I took the morning after. I had all of the signs of ovulation last week as well including sharp pains in my hip and bloatedness. Something prompted me to take another test this morning and with fmu the OPK was again positive. I have no signs of ovulation this time around but I'm wondering what might be going on to cause me to have another positive OPK around 6dpo. Anyone have any ideas?

You can have more that one surge in your cycle but generally only one that will realease an egg. Very, VERY rarely you can release two eggs in a cycle. It's advised to stop using OPKS after your first positive as to avoid this confusion as it happens quite a lot xxx The first positive is your positive xx I remember reading something about a surge that typically happens around 6-8 DPO and a lot of women ask if it's implantation (since it also shows up a lot on bbt charts as a temp dip) but majority of the time, it isn't. Good luck to you xx Fx'd for a sticky BFP :dust:

Thank so much! I was just thinking last night that that's probably why the boxes say stop testing after the positive!

Thank so much! I was just thinking last night that that's probably why the boxes say stop testing after the positive!

I see it happen to ladies all the time hon xx I was considering using OPKS but I don't think I'd be able to find the time with an 18 month old running around and hubby and I DTD almost every night so I always know I'm covered. Besides, I'm a total POAS addict, so I would do the exact same as you. The TWW is so hard to contain yourself. I just want to pee on everything! Haha
Best of luck to you and Fx'd you caught that eggy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->