Positive ovulation test late in cycle??

mummyyshearer

Reaction score
Hey, ive just took a ovulation test (first month trying them) and its came out positive but im due my period on sunday... Is it normal to ovulate this late and stil hopefully get pregnant?? I always thought u ovulated bwt a week after ur period... I know i prob sound stupid for asking....

I was expecting AF over this past weekend and it never came and looks like I'm going to ovulate today or tomorrow. It's "normal" to ovulate about cd 8-22 in a cycle, but sometimes your body gears up to ovulate during the "normal" time but doesn't actually ovulate so it tries again. Or you could just be ovulating late.

They say you ov 14 days before your next af. With my 3rd I got loads of + opks just before I got a bfp

They say you ov 14 days before your next af. With my 3rd I got loads of + opks just before I got a bfp

Not exactly true. There are many women with short LPs of 8 or 9 days who still ovulate. It's different for each woman.

I dont know when i usually ovulate as this is my first time using the tests im also on 1500mg Royal Jelly to help concieve. Just not sure if pregnancy is stil possible this late as correct me if im wrong does it not take a week or so for implantation... All this kinda confuses me lol this is my first time TTC, with my first it just kinda happened and wasnt planned.

I dont know when i usually ovulate as this is my first time using the tests im also on 1500mg Royal Jelly to help concieve. Just not sure if pregnancy is stil possible this late as correct me if im wrong does it not take a week or so for implantation... All this kinda confuses me lol this is my first time TTC, with my first it just kinda happened and wasnt planned.

It doesn't matter how late ovulation occurs - supposedly your LP is the same.

Stil dark today so will try tonight. Didnt last night due to other problems so hopefully not too late

A positive opk can mean bfp, as opk's detect the lh hormone which is very similar to hcg. If your opks are no longer positive then its likely not a bfp and more likely your lh levels fluctuating, which they do throughout your cycle. The only other option is that you have ovulated late in your cycle, but if you have regular cycles that do not tend to change length then this is more unlikely.

How long are your cycles usually?

This recent thread might interest you as well regarding positive opks right before AF is due. Since your not charting it's hard to say if your ovulating later or earlier than you normally do as you can get positive opks more than once in your cycle. A pp mentioned it could be the beginning of a bfp and if it was positive on an opk it would test positive on an hcg test at this point so you could test to rule that in or out at this point...just a thought.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-period-so-why-does-look-like-im-ovulate.html

My periods are quite regular now, they have always been on time since christmas except once a few months ago. Ive been testing once a day in afternoon since start of may except the weekend there due to running out and have always been faint but not dark enough to be a positive. Yesterday to my suprise was first time ive tested full blown positive, this morning was the same and waitin til later on to test again. This is my first month trying them out so it may well be tht i just tend to ovulate late but i just never really heard of it before ive always heard it being not long after ur period u ovulated

If you ovulate late then you'd have longer cycles as your luteal phase wouldn't change, it would be in the region of 14 days. I think you should take a pregnancy test. x

Aww lol all this kinda stuff confuses me at times i dont want to get my hopes up so think il wait and see if my ovulation tests fade or if my period will come on before testing. Due on on sunday so fingers crossed it wont appear

It is confusing, when I started ttc last year I had no idea about opks and charting your temperature and I certainly didn't have a clue what people were talking about when they used all these abbreviations, now I use all the abbreviations and find when I talk to an actual human in person I still use the abbreviations and confuse them!! lol

Fingers crossed your af doesn't show. xx

With my first he just happened without trying etc so this is all new to me. I have no patience either so tryig everything

Same with my first, we weren't ttc...I started trying to conceive my second last year but stopped as needed to focus on losing weight, and now after 5 mnths I'm back to ttc, this is technically my first cycle of ttc but obviously remember all the lingo from last year.

My periods are quite regular now, they have always been on time since christmas except once a few months ago. Ive been testing once a day in afternoon since start of may except the weekend there due to running out and have always been faint but not dark enough to be a positive. Yesterday to my suprise was first time ive tested full blown positive, this morning was the same and waitin til later on to test again. This is my first month trying them out so it may well be tht i just tend to ovulate late but i just never really heard of it before ive always heard it being not long after ur period u ovulated

It could very well be that you are ovulating late and have a short luteal phase...this was the case for me. I found out after I started charting it was 8 days:wacko: I was so crushed because I knew this was a problem for ttc. If you end up starting AF less than 10 days from now (or Sunday as expected) maybe consider charting you you can know for sure if you are ovulating late in your cycle and have a short luteal phase so you can address it. Every woman doesn't ovulate on cd 14 and definitely every woman doesn't have a 14 day luteal phase! Best of luck hun :thumbup:

Just done a test unsure if its positive as its just a tiny bit lighter than test line but u wouldnt notice unless u were close up to it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 13
Doesn't look quite positive, very almost though. I did read that lh levels can rise before your af so could be that??!!

Mmm well we have done the deed just incase... Im hoping we havent missed our chance this month. We both knew we should of tried last night when it was a definate positive but both just too tired.

I think you did really well actually! You don't usually ovulate exactly when you get a positive opk but 24-48 hours later so you nailed it...(pun not intended lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->