Positive pregnancy test but period bleeding

Poppi123

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wanting to share what’s happening to me and see if anyone can offer a similar story or advice.

I felt pregnant straight after ovulation this month. Like a few days later I was having pregnancy dreams and heaps of white vaginal discharge which is strange for me. Then my chest started hurting. Not my breasts, more like the chest area pain you get after a work out but I had not gone to the gym.

My period was due on Thursday and it didn’t come and so I had been testing with cheap eBay tests and kept getting negatives so just assumed either they weren’t working or I was late but I’m never late. So on Friday I had a very faint positive and then Saturday I got a faint positive but definitely visible with a better quality test. I started having a very small amount of spotting and was a bit concerned but the next morning a much stronger positive test. But that day I started having brown spotting which ended up getting heavier and through the night it became like a proper period with a small amount of pain. Pregnancy test is still positive and pain in the chest is getting worse. I still feel pregnant but the bleeding has got me worried. I have adenomyoisis and have heard it can be normal to have some bleeding. I’m going for a blood test tomorrow but just wondering if anyone can offer some words of wisdom or a similar experience which didn’t end bad.

Thank you :)

I don’t have any experience with bleeding and pregnancy but I do know it is common with some people. If your tests are still real dark and your not having horrible cramping, I don’t think you should be concerned. Once you get your blood work back and talk to your dr about it if it seems to be getting worse. Congratulations and good luck to you!

Hi, I had a similar experience with my first, and kind of with my second.

With DD1, I was 2 weeks late and still got negative tests. :shrug: Then at 16 days late I got an extremely strong positive. About 10 days later, I started a bright red bleed. It didn’t hurt at all and I went in to emergency for a check because I was probably 5 weeks at that point. They scanned me and everything was totally fine. I also carried to 40wks and she was 8lbs 3oz...

With DD2, we were NTNP and i had just stopped the pill. I was also breastfeeding my 6month DD1. I didn’t realize that I was pregnant, but got a slight bleed in August, went to the doctor, and we found out that I was 6 weeks along :-k:lol:... she was delivered at 38+6, weighing 8lbs 3oz...

All that to say a bright red/brown bleed can happen and you can still carry to term. Try and stay positive. [-o<

Praying that all goes well for you!
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"