Positive pregnancy test result but my local GP don't take appointments

Katie9056

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had my first BFP on Saturday and another on Monday and I'm now two days past the day AF was due. I just tried to book an appointment at my local GP but they told me they don't take appointments anymore I just need to go and pick up a Bounty pack

Has anyone heard this before? I've heard Bounty aren't all that great. I really wanted an appointment with someone to tell me what happens now!

This is my first so I'm feeling a bit lost with it all

Any help is appreciated :)

I'm in the UK if that helps

Congrats on your bfp!

I'm in central Scotland and we have to book with the midwives (can phone or do it online via maternity services) GP's don't see you here unless you have something medically wrong. have a look online and see if the same where you are x

Congratulations!
I went in to GP today as on meds that are contraindicated in pregnancy so needed to get them changed. GP said there is now a self-referral form online. Have a look online for your local NHS trust and more than likely you can do it there. Alternatively find the local community midwives contact details online or get your GP to give you the number.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Hi Teri,

Thank you!! And thanks for replying :)

That's really good to know, I really had no idea they didn't take appointments. Such a newbie

I'll get in touch with them instead

Thanks again! Xx

Thanks Shellshocked and congrats to you too! I wish you the same

I've emailed the local midwives and they'll call me back for an appointment

Panic over :)

Same in my area too. GP won’t see you all they do is give you the number to the local maternity hospital and tell you to phone them !

Glad you’ve managed to find your local midwives! Congratulations !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->