positive test after d and c

rcl2105

Reaction score
hi all, looking for a bit of advice
i had a d&c on the 14th april but had to have the procedure repeated on the 24th due to the doctors not removing everything which was causing me big pain.

at what point should i stop having positive pregnancy tests from home test kits? im only showing a very faint line. does this mean i still have hormones floating around and my period wont come until i get a negative result?

im very confused, its been nearly 4 weeks since the first procedure :shrug:

any advice appreciated x

sorry to hear that rcl, hope youre ok

I think i have read on here that the hcg doesnt need to be at 5 or less for your cycle to start again, although Im not sure at what level it would still be picked up on a HPT

The 2nd procedure is your day 1 if my experience is anything to go by (i got af 29 days after EPRC) but ive seen posts on here that suggest when you stop bleeding after the 2nd ERPC, then thats your day 1.

Hope your cycle gets back to normal as soon as poss x

Hi rcl, I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

After my D&C, it took me 6 weeks and 4 days to get my first period. I counted Day 1 as the day of my D&C. I was doing HPT tests, but kept getting positives which upset me. I stopped doing them. A week before my period, I had a blood test with a level of 17. A few days after my period, I had another blood test with a level of 6. I'm not sure if either of those would have shown a positive on a HPT as they aren't always as sensitive as a blood test. But my doctor did tell me that you can have hcg in your system and still get a period. You probably won't ovulate during that time though. If you don't get your period within 8 weeks of your D&C, you should talk to your doctor. You might also let your doc know that it has been 4 weeks and you are still getting positive HPT tests. They should be tracking it to make sure it is going down properly. Good luck.

Sorry for your loss.

I would count the day of your second D&C as CD1 because you would have still had pregnancy hormones from the parts that didn't come out during your first D&C. My period came 4 weeks after my D&E in January. But I know I didn't ovulate that month. That period was completely unexpected.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"