Positives of C-Sections

mrs.amillian

Mumma to a stunna
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

We all have had or planning a C-Section, and for a lot of people thats a scary process.

I know I was terrified, so I was thinking lets think of some positives (apart from the obvious baby) that came from having a C-Section :flower:

I'll start, as I knew the date I made sure my make up was great and had lovely sparkly eyes in all the pics :haha:

Jessica xx

lol in my mind there are TONS of positives but thats just me

for one
No labour pain (if its elective)
No vaginal damage, tearing or episiotomy to recover from
It wont sting to pee or wipe
Your piles wont be as bad from not pushing if you have them
There is no fear or wonder of "when" you will go into labour
No worry of needing forceps or ventouse
No fear of baby getting stuck in the birth canal and loosing oxygen
Babies head is a perfect round shape on arrival ;)
Sex wont be painful as your vaginal is in tact and sexual dysfunction should not develop meaning you can be intimate with your partner
For me I know a vaginal birth would bring on severe post natal anxiety and depression so a C-sec will help me avoid this
It CAN be safer for your baby if they need to be delivered immediately and safer for you if they are in an awkward position such as transverse and breech although some women prefer breech vaginal deliveries, doctors and OB's are against them over here
No risk of pelvic floor or rectal prolapse and damage from straining in labour

My personal favourite positive of c-section: lochia is way less compare to natural birth!

My twins (who are 1 today :D ) were born elective c-section- For us it was a no-brainer. With twins if you attempt a vaginal delivery you have a 50% chance of something going wrong and having to have an emergency section. Of that 50%, 75% is due to baby B being in distress. So we opted for the section. As it was, our baby B was born within the same minute as baby A, and yet she was already in respiratory distress and had to be bagged. It was very touch and go with her for a bit, and had we attempted a vaginal delivery we very well could have lost her.

Most of the risks for a section are to the mother, not the baby

I walked into the operating room and got myself on the table, chatting with the nursing staff (Can't have that level of connection if you're huffing and puffing!)

for one
It wont sting to pee or wipe but you cant bend to wipe without a lot of pain
No worry of needing forceps or ventouse forceps can still be used to pull baby out of you
No fear of baby getting stuck in the birth canal and loosing oxygen baby may have fluid on the lungs as they do not pass down the birth canal
Babies head is a perfect round shape on arrival ;)baby can but sliced by the scalpel
Sex wont be painful as your vaginal is in tact and sexual dysfunction should not develop meaning you can be intimate with your partner your cervix/vagina and pelvic floor will have been changed by pregnancy so things WILL be different anyway
For me I know a vaginal birth would bring on severe post natal anxiety and depression so a C-sec will help me avoid thishormonal changes caused by the end of pregnancy still occur and PND could still be an issue
It CAN be safer for your baby if they need to be delivered immediately and safer for you if they are in an awkward position such as transverse and breech although some women prefer breech vaginal deliveries, doctors and OB's are against them over here
No risk of pelvic floor or rectal prolapse and damage from straining in labourpelvic floor muscles can be damaged in late pregnancy due to the weight of your baby anyway

My personal favourite positive of c-section: lochia is way less compare to natural birth!I had more with my CS than my natural birth

Just my thoughts on your positives.

...btw before you jump me I'm not having a go I'm just sayin

Delivering a baby, no matter which way you do it, is risky and can potentially do a lot of damages to the mom and the baby. I wouldn't want to get pregnant ever if I were to fixate on how things could go wrong for me and for the baby during pregnany and delivery. Maintaining a positive attitude is one of the easiest things that expecting parents can do to make the process less stressful, I'm just saying.

for one
No worry of needing forceps or ventouse forceps can still be used to pull baby out of you
No fear of baby getting stuck in the birth canal and loosing oxygen baby may have fluid on the lungs as they do not pass down the birth canal
Babies head is a perfect round shape on arrival ;)baby can but sliced by the scalpel
Sex wont be painful as your vaginal is in tact and sexual dysfunction should not develop meaning you can be intimate with your partner your cervix/vagina and pelvic floor will have been changed by pregnancy so things WILL be different anyway
For me I know a vaginal birth would bring on severe post natal anxiety and depression so a C-sec will help me avoid thishormonal changes caused by the end of pregnancy still occur and PND could still be an issue
No risk of pelvic floor or rectal prolapse and damage from straining in labourpelvic floor muscles can be damaged in late pregnancy due to the weight of your baby anyway

My personal favourite positive of c-section: lochia is way less compare to natural birth!I had more with my CS than my natural birth

I dont disagree with your comments but this is meant to be a positive thread so seems a little out of place !

Thanks for putting these up. I'm havin a section in 6 days and suddenly today have become terrified at the prospec despite having had one before. So for today, I like to read the poitives! X

for one

Thread was supposed to be positive. Come on.

I had a section, and wouldn't have had it any other way. There are TONS of positives.

Thanks for putting these up. I'm havin a section in 6 days and suddenly today have become terrified at the prospec despite having had one before. So for today, I like to read the poitives! X

:hugs: That's so exciting that you'll have your LO so soon! You'll do great I bet!

Arh there are some lovely positives on here xx

I would like to keep the thread on track and just mention the good, we all know the bad and thats why we worry x

Another positive is family from out of town can organise themselves to come and see you ASAP :flower:

Kind of a silly positive- but you can have your birth announcements already filled out and ready to go! :haha:

I am not sure if this is the same for everyone but I lost every single pound I gained during pregnancy straight away after my section. I was the only one on the post natal ward that left the hospital without a big tummy?!

Although...I do have a little horrible "pouch" of saggy skin!

I think that's genetics. I know some girls who give birth vaginally that look like they've never had a baby. This is actually a very sore point for me as weight loss has always been a huge struggle for me so I'm changing topics now :shy:

I had an EMCS under GA but there were some positives. The first being I got a healthy baby who might not have made it otherwise. :thumbup:

Also, since I got to have the joys of labour when they said they were going to do a C-section I almost cried with relief. I had been having contractions for 4 days and hadn't had any real sleep during that period as I had to watch for the time to go the hospital (it was 1 1/2 hours away). I was just far too tired push. And I did try my best to push.

Another positive is, after the drama of your delivery the hospital staff are extra nice to you and pamper you a bit.

This is a great thread as im having my section Tuesday next week and it's good to hear the positives :) Im also happy ill be able to have my make up looking perfect so I don't look back in 20 years time and go look at the state of me haha x

My positive was not having to do the first nappys with the black tar poo!!!!

for one
Sex won't be painfulas your vaginal is in tact and sexual dysfunction should not develop meaning you can be intimate with your partner
For me I know a vaginal birth would bring on severe post natal anxiety and depression so a C-sec will help me avoid this

Don't bank on it! I only found sex Ok from 5 months onwards, you do still hurt!

for one
Sex won't be painfulas your vaginal is in tact and sexual dysfunction should not develop meaning you can be intimate with your partner

Don't bank on it! I only found sex Ok from 5 months onwards, you do still hurt!

I posted before reading the whole thread so apologies for bringing in a negative :flower:

I had an emcs after 87 hours of labour and pushing so in my experience I have a lot of negatives BUT will be watching this thread to ease my anxieties for next time and to help me appreciate the positive aspects of an elective c section and not feeling disappointed in not having a natural birth

I had my dd by c-section after two natural births. I LOVED the section, and that is no word of a lie! If I had another baby (I won't, cause I'm too old now lol)I would look forward to the birth if it was a c-section.

It was a lovely calm experience, and I have very fond memories of the whole day, the entire thing was so special. With my first two, I have moments that were amazingly special, but I don't like to think of the pain I went through for hours and hours!

With the c-section I had no pain, even afterwards. The recovery was really easy (and I'm a wimp!).

hey cupcake well until I have mine I cannot be completely sure lol but I know for me missing out on labour is a massive positive aswell as not having my vagina torn and cut and all sorts. Tons of women in the post natal section post their problems with their genital areas after a vaginal birth, it would seem there are more problems posted on the forum in regards to a vaginal birth recovery than a C-section. I do not mean time wise but sex wise it seems women have more issues with it after a vaginal birth if the posts on the post partum section are anything to go by

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->