Positives of C-Sections

hey cupcake well until I have mine I cannot be completely sure lol but I know for me missing out on labour is a massive positive aswell as not having my vagina torn and cut and all sorts. Tons of women in the post natal section post their problems with their genital areas after a vaginal birth, it would seem there are more problems posted on the forum in regards to a vaginal birth recovery than a C-section. I do not mean time wise but sex wise it seems women have more issues with it after a vaginal birth if the posts on the post partum section are anything to go by

I appreciate that, however I was just pointing out that having experienced it myself, sex is still painful and you can't necessarily be intimate with your partner after a c section. Granted that the vagina would not be damaged, but there are many other areas that have been damaged and will be sore and tender and affect being intimate.

But let's get back on the positive track and good luck with your c section :flower:

yeah true :D I want to know as much as possible too about recovery from a C-section but I had just been told by both midwives now that sex wise, recovery from a C-section is more positive so thats why I added it to the list.

I guess another positive of a planned one is, you know when your LO will be with you

Having my elective section early June (previous emergency section with 1st) and I never once hesitated on making this choice. Anyone who gives you negatives regarding sections usually haven't had one. I mean really, all that intense agony or a 'usually' low stress joyous occasion of baby delivery?? I know which one I'd prefer ;))

I had two c-sections, first emergency, second elective after failing to go into labour on my own. Honestly, I think I'd pick a vaginal birth over a c-section if I felt I would actually give birth on my own (both times had excruciating long latent labours and absolutely no progress even induced).

My sections weren't negative experiences though, my recovery was great both times although much longer than a vaginal birth.

My positives - being able to be as natural in theatre as possible with the second, elective c-section:

They dropped the drapes as she was born so we could see her born and see what sex she was.
I had skin to skin in theatre.
Breastfeeding was well established (I struggled with the first, emergency).

AND, because people knew we were going into hospital I had hoards of people following my facebook statuses "going down to delivery ward now guys!" "just had the anaethetist in, not long now" and then obviously the announcement. That was fab as it got me really excited, got me over my nerves of the spinal (ouch!!) and made me feel like everyone was there with me.

I have to say here that my spinal didn't hurt :shrug: honestly, the initial pin prick and the anticipation of pain was far worse than the spinal its self!

Also- if any of you are planning on having your tubes tied, It saves you an operation later! It's only about 15 minutes longer tacked on to the operation, mine was actually only 8 minutes, and I actually DOZED through it! lol (my girls had already gone off to the NICU)

I thought most hospitals give a local anesthetic before the spinal...I've read of more people that find it almost painless than those who find it painful. Let's hope that is really the case! lol

I'm actually allergic to the medication they use as a local- they did put something on topically, but the rest was just the needle- really, not bad! The biggest thing to remember is to be still and not jump (Our natural reaction to being stuck with a needle! lol)

Could not even tell that I was pregnant right after having the baby! I know that if you have a previa like I did that the section was a good thing because you do not have to worry as much about carrying to term and having a placenta abruption! This was a big concern for me. Also, no cone head!!!!

I jumped for both the local and the spinal so had them both twice! The local hurt but the spinal was just super super uncomfortable. Nice warm feeling afterwards though :rofl:

AND, because people knew we were going into hospital I had hoards of people following my facebook statuses "going down to delivery ward now guys!" "just had the anaethetist in, not long now" and then obviously the announcement. That was fab as it got me really excited, got me over my nerves of the spinal (ouch!!) and made me feel like everyone was there with me.

I remember doing this too, it was great we had loads of messages of support and people were genuinely interested, it was a lovely feeling :hugs:

The biggest and only positive thing about my EMCS was that without it my son would not be here today. There was nothing else positive about it, scariest thing I have ever been through. I am very thankful to have my son though.

The biggest and only positive thing about my EMCS was that without it my son would not be here today. There was nothing else positive about it, scariest thing I have ever been through. I am very thankful to have my son though.

I agree with this. My whole experience was straightforward, but not positive.

You can still get prolapse with a c-section though so you still need to do your pelvic floor exercises!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->