Positives until when?

d1kt8r

Reaction score
Was just wondering when using opks are they pos until AFTER ovulation or up until ovulation. i got strong positives for 2 days and this morning its gone back to neg (we BD last night to make sure)
here are sat and this mornings (sun) test :)

Attachments

• OPK 130811 PM 2 CD 21.jpg
    OPK 130811 PM 2 CD 21.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 13
  • OPK 130811 PM (1) CD 21.jpg
    OPK 130811 PM (1) CD 21.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 13
  • CD22 14811 am FMU.jpg
    CD22 14811 am FMU.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 11
Not sure but I didn't want to R&R. It is a good question though and one that I wonder about too.

if u get a negative u have ovulated....u usually get a negative until u O

i think you mean a positive untill O lol

Thankyou

Positive test means that you'll be O'ing in the next 24-48 hours. You get the positive because of the surge in LH.. you should O 24-48 hrs after your last positive test. Because the test has gone negative again, doesn't necessarily mean that you've O'd. Do you temp? Only a sustained thermal shift will confirm Ovulation has occurred.. keep :sex: for a couple days to be on the safe side.. :thumbup: GL hun!!

i found this

A. The perfect time for sex is the day just prior to the ovulation predictor FIRST turning positive.
And this may sound like a surprise, but making love only after first getting a positive OPK may not get you pregnant at all.
Ovulation can happen as early as 14 hours after the OPK first becomes positive.
Let's say you test with the OPK at 8 a.m. and it was negative. Then, the OPK turns positive at 11 a.m. So ovulation could then happen 14 hours later, at 1 a.m. the next day.
If you test every 24 hours you will only find out about the positive OPK at 8 a.m. the next day, which may be too late for getting pregnant if you only have sex at that time.
Testing every 12 hours may be more reliable to predict ovulation.
Making love after ovulation won't get you pregnant, so if you rely on the OPK and you wait to have sex only when the test becomes positive, you may decrease your chances of getting pregnant.
That's why it's generally suggested to make love two to three times each and every week. That way you are unlikely to miss ovulation.
In addition, you may want to make love once a day when the OPK turns positive, just to make sure.

therefore its the first pos opk that really matters x

well thats good i got my 1st pos at 10am and BD that night missed the next night and then bd the nightg after that fingers crossed

thankyou all

Positive test means that you'll be O'ing in the next 24-48 hours. You get the positive because of the surge in LH.. you should O 24-48 hrs after your last positive test. Because the test has gone negative again, doesn't necessarily mean that you've O'd. Do you temp? Only a sustained thermal shift will confirm Ovulation has occurred.. keep :sex: for a couple days to be on the safe side.. :thumbup: GL hun!!

Good answer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"