Possibility of BFP and not evap?!

lassie269

Reaction score
I'm grasping at straws here and wondering if anyone has any positive stories. So I'm 14dpo today, loads of AF cramps and twinges the last week plus v sore and bigger(!) Bbs which is very unusual for me. I did a IC last night which was neg in alloted time frame but this morn I can see a very faint line.. I've never had an evap before.. and I've done a LOT of tests! Has anyone 'evap' actually turned out to be positive?!

Later today I'll buy some different tests and try again, i'm just so over seeing 1 line now!

Thanks for the reply Rach! No but was a definite blue line, one of clearblues infamous evaps I'm afraid as AF has arrived, onto the next month

Sorry AF came :hugs:.

Thanks although so far today it's just been a TINY bit of spotting this morning and nothing since, normally I never spot and it starts off heavy. I'm currently about 14/15dpo I think - didn't track Ov this month, typical!
I did a clearblue after the IC yesterday and then another this morn, no BFP in the time frame but again a clear blue line after a few hours so no idea whats going on :-k

Thanks although so far today it's just been a TINY bit of spotting this morning and nothing since, normally I never spot and it starts off heavy. I'm currently about 14/15dpo I think - didn't track Ov this month, typical!
I did a clearblue after the IC yesterday and then another this morn, no BFP in the time frame but again a clear blue line after a few hours so no idea whats going on :-k

That's almost exactly what happened to me this month before my :bfp:!!!

I took a (pink dye) test on the 22nd which had the faintest, tiniest little line once it dried. Couldn't photograph it and wanted to call it an evap but I've examined several of these tests totally dry and never seen a line like that before.

On the 24th my period came as usual. I had cramps all morning then heavy brown spotting in late afternoon so I stuck in my cup before bed. Had cramps all night. Woke up in the AM and went to empty my cup and was legitimately shocked to see only a dab of brown blood with like, a single squiggle of bright red in it. I neeeeeever spot and don't have my period start right after. Starting with spotting/brown blood is rare in and of itself, like once every 8-10 cycles.

So that afternoon some ladies here + my partner encouraged me to test, and I got a very faint BFP! I tested for the next 5 days and my progression was about twice as fast as my last pregnancy.

Supposedly hCG does not start doubling until implantation. Praying that bleed was implantation for you!!!! :dust:

Thanks wrapunzel can I ask what dpo you first got your bfp? I'm now about 15/16dpo, yesterday still neg in the read time, def faint line after 2 hrs with a clearblue early test so am assuming an evap. Although that def wasnt AF yesterday as nothing since.. and I've never had a false starter :| very confused!

Heres a pic of the clearblue after an hour, got to be an evap just didnt think evaps had colour, maybe clearblue is different?

20210201_093514.jpg

Blue dyes are notorious for evaps but that line looks quite dark and promising. Fingers crossed for you

Thanks wrapunzel can I ask what dpo you first got your bfp? I'm now about 15/16dpo, yesterday still neg in the read time, def faint line after 2 hrs with a clearblue early test so am assuming an evap. Although that def wasnt AF yesterday as nothing since.. and I've never had a false starter :| very confused!

Sorry but I don’t know when I ovulated. I’m having to assume based on when I got my BFP because otherwise the answer would be 19dpo and that’s impossible ;)

do you have enough tests that you could use plain water on one? I’ve heard of that as a trick for telling whether a late line is an evap or real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->