Possible Early MC (but confusing signs)... Help

Sweet__pea

Mum to 1 DD aged 2 TTC#2
Reaction score
Bit of a long one! Id appreciate any comments at all.

It has been a long time since I posted on here but I am having a bit of difficult time and the people on this forum have always been so kind and helpful.

I started TTC last month. Only BD once as we decided to start trying on the day I 'felt' I was ovulating.

TWW passess I do some tests ( I'm an addict) all negative not even squinters. I was supprised as I really felt pregnant, although I often did when I was in the TTW and being hopeful.

I get a full and normal period, I have fairly heavy ones.

About 3 days after the end of my period I start spotting blood some red and some brown. This has never happened to me before. A couple of days pass and it continues. I go to the shop on Monday and pic up a test all they had were the clear blue digital. I went to work and peed on it and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant! I was SHOCKED.

I went to the Drs who referred me to the early pregnancy unit. I went home and took a normal HPT just to check it came up BFP in seconds.

Next day (Tuesday) went to the early pregnancy unit and they did a test. They told me there was a positive line but it was so faint they could barley see it.
They did a scan and they could not see anything no sign of a miscarriage and no sign of pregnancy.

The only thing they said it could be too early to see anything yet, but continued to add that it was still so unlikely as the line was sooo faint. She even said it could only be seen in the right light.

Today I wake up and I deiced to do a test, I don't want to see a faint line/ No line but I need to see for myself.

I am now in a state of shock as the HPT I did had a line appear as fast as before with dark line as dark as the control line. Now I don't know what to think.

Could the HPTs be stronger than the EPUs ones? Even though she told me they were super sensitive.

Is there a chance I could still be pregnant ?

anyone had any similar experiences to this?

Sorry for the long post but it has also been therapeutic writing this.

Didn't want to read and run.. Can't imagine what your going through just want to send some hugs your way :hugs: and I hope it turns out that you are pregnant x

I can't really explain the hpt at the EPU, but it would definitely be too early to verify anything with ultrasound. She should have done a blood draw to check your beta HcG, ad had you come back in 2-3 days for a repeat to see how you HcG is rising.

From my own personal experience, this most recent pregnancy I just knew I was pregnant from 9dpo. I started testing the next day and finally got a super faint line at 13dpo. It didn't get any darker over the next 2-3 days and then I had a 3 day bleed an assumed I had had another chemical. 18 days later I had a full/heavy feeling in my uterus and started playing the "what if" game that has made me test mid cycle a LOT in the last 6 years and i knew seeing a negative test was the only thing that would end my wondering, but to my surprise it was positive. It came up immediately but was faint and didn't seem to correspond with being nearly 7 weeks.
But the next day I took a FRER and it was darker than the control and a digi said 3+. But 5 more cheapies had faint lines. So some tests just are faint I guess.

Oh and I also had anther little bleed around the time my next period would have been due as well. Apparently some women experience breakthrough bleeding in the first trimester (and sometimes all pregnancy) so if it happens again there's a good chance that's what's happened.

Thanks NDH, Its nice to hear a positive story that still has hope.

No they didn't do any blood work. I did not think to ask them. She just told me that it was unlikely as the test was so faint. I just find it wired that im getting a strong and obvious line. I am also so surprised that i got negative tests before my 'period' and then positives after a heavy period.

Not quite sure what to do now?

I find it really frustrating that the NHS doesn't automatically do blood tests! I didn't want to read & run. I've not had the same experience, but I have had some bleeding from the moment I found out! Turns out I have a haematoma, which was only diagnosed yesterday during a private scan - despite having been seen by the EPAU 3 times!! I don't know what the tests are that the EPAU use, but if they're anything like the ICs, then I wouldn't be too concerned about the faint line tbh. With ICs, I never got a strong line! I used Superdrug tests for mine, then when they were strong, I took a CB Digital - Which tend to be less sensitive!

Have they invited you back for another scan? When I had my first scan at the EPAU, all they saw was the gestational sac & yolk sac, but that was at 5wks! I don't think we'd have seen much of anything at 4wks. I think if things don't change, then maybe ask for another scan in a week or two? They should see something by then. I've got everything crossed for you!! xx

I went to my gp sure I was miscarrying. She did a test and it was barely visible. Did a blood hcg and it came back as 1809. More than enough hcg for dark tests that you would buy in shop.

Thank you all for you all for your responses they are really helpful. :hugs:

I think I am going to have to wait a week and then take another test and see if it gets darker/lighter/or maybe does not turn up at all. - depending on what the HPT shows I will go back to the Doctors.

I am still bleeding and having some cramping so don't know what to make of that. I am feeling so confused.

If I am being really honest I think I am in denial about the whole thing. Until I see a blank test I don't think I can accept this is a MC I am still holding out hope that I am still pregnant.

Is it okay to request they do a blood test to check my HGC levels?
Do you think that waiting a week is the right thing to do?

I am second guessing myself and what I should do now.

I'm surprised the EPU didn't offer you another scan in a week or so to confirm whether there has been any change. I think it'd be a good idea to get bloods done - if there's HCG in the first set, they should go some more a couple of days later to see if it's rising at a suitable rate. That will help to confirm whether the pregnancy is viable. I'm sorry you're going through this and hope you get some clarity soon x

Stalking. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Thanks,

Will definitely update as I find it so frustrating when you are looking through a thread and there is no resolution as to what happened.

So I am still bleeding however not enough to reach the pad its only bloody when I wipe. But more than spotting.

I have had small amounts of dark brown blood, and slightly more red/pink blood.

Still having cramping. the strange thing is this is no where near as painful as my period cramps.

Feels like I am having a period but rather than having my usual intense one in a week Its like it is very week and mild but spread out over a longer time.

Trying not to cave in and buy more Pregnancy tests. seeing if I can wait until next Wednesday.

Again thanks all for the support I don't know what I would do without this forum!:wacko:

Didnt want to read and run... Sending big hugs!! Hope there is a lil bean in there for you..

As previous posters have said, I'm surprised they didn't offer you a blood test. I'm so sorry your going through this, the wait must be so hard for you. I really hope there's a positive outcome for you. Fingers crossed for you xxx

I had heavy bleeding for 9 days when I found out I was pregnant with this pregnancy. I assumed it was a chemical as first but as the days went on my lines got stronger. I contacted the EPU and had a blood test which came out at over 2000 so was scanned the next day. It showed an empty sac and blood around the sac (the cause of the bleeding). Went back at 7 weeks and the blood had gone and baby was fine. There is definitely still hope for you if your lines are getting darker!

Sorry for the delay in updating we have moved house and I have limited access to the internet.

Since my last update I have taken the twin of my last digi test and got another 2-3 weeks pregnant. I have taken 2 more normal tests and got strong lines.

however that was last week. I have now stopped bleeding on Monday and my husband has just rushed to the shops to pick me up a HPT.

The early pregnancy unit said that if I get a positive test after I stop bleeding then I should come back.

It has been 2 and a half weeks and a day since they saw me.

I have my fingers crossed. I shall let you know when I have done the test.

Hope you get a positive HPT! Fingers crossed for you. Good luck xx

I had a very similar experience and sadly it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. It started the same- normal heavy af (very painful) but still didn't feel right a week after it and started spottin again and took test - got a positive. It took about two weeks for them to eventually diagnose me with ectopic as initially nothing showed on scans. I had methotrexate. Hope this is not the case for u but wanted to share as an ectopic can be dangerous and it's important to be aware xxx

You know i think its terrible they dont take bloods, when i had my first miscarriage they never took bloods just told me to do hpts at home until they were negative...
I cant wait to hear an update from you hun i hope you get a nice strong positive still now the bleeding has stopped x

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Sadly I did get a positive but it was very very faint not like the strong ones I had been getting last week and on Monday.

:( just needed a little time before I posted the result on here.

The EPU told me to wait until I have a normal period before I start trying again. But I don't want to..... I shall have to see what my husband says.

Thanks again everyone every post was appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->